Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Ascent has 8700 miles on it. When it got around 5000 miles, I noticed a squeaking sound underneath -mainly the back left side. When I took it for the oil change at 6000 miles, I did not mention it to the dealer, because I had transported some boxes previously, and I just figured it was squeaking from the extra weight in the vehicle. Since then, the noise has gotten worse and keeps getting worse each time I drive it. It's a lot more noticeable when I'm driving slow because there is not much road noise. If I stop at a stop sign, turn, go over a small uneven part of a road, it squeaks. My husband also noticed a tapping-like noise in the front passenger side. I took our Ascent to the dealer last week. The serviceman drove it and one of them sat in the back and heard the noise in the back. When they checked it out, all he could find was a few small 'rocks or gravel', which apparently got stuck up there just from driving down the road, since we've never driven it on a gravel road at all. The service department said everything looked good and checked out okay. I asked the serviceman what I should do because I don't feel like a brand new vehicle should be squeaking so much. (our other two vehicles, which are not Subaru's, and over 10 years old each, do not squeak at all). He told me when I bring it in for the next oil change, to let them know if the squeaking still occurs, and at that time they'd notify someone directly at Subaru, who would then come and check it. Each day since then, I've noticed the squeaking noise is happening more frequently. We do hear it when driving down the highway or Interstate because usually the radio is on, plus the noise of the highway drowns it out. The particular noise in the back happens in town, driving or turning slow into the driveway, etc. The tapping up front on passenger side, seems to happen more when backing up or taking off. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions what to do? It's a 1.5 hour drive to our nearest Subaru dealer, so that in itself is a creates a little problem on finding time to take off work to go back and forth to the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts