Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Touring, 15K milaage: Recently started hearing squeak when turning. I only heard it when the steering a corner to the right, which requires at least a 90º turn of the wheel. The squeak was becoming more frequent so I mentioned it to the dealer when I brought it in for the recalls. They were able to reproduce the issue, so its definitely an issue. Service found an issue which sounded similar and replaced some "springs"? But they admitted that hasn't fixed the issue when they went on a test drive. I have a loaner until Monday. They have called Subaru "Senior Technicians" for help.

·
Registered
777 Posts
it's a good thing I didn't say that's what it's supposed to do and hand it back to you. It's also good that they're taking a look at it with corporate. Let us know what they find out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How it sounds depends on which side is causing the noise. Did they replace the suspension coils? If so the next move is to replace the struts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
2019 Touring, 15K milaage: Recently started hearing squeak when turning. I only heard it when the steering a corner to the right, which requires at least a 90º turn of the wheel. The squeak was becoming more frequent so I mentioned it to the dealer when I brought it in for the recalls. They were able to reproduce the issue, so its definitely an issue. Service found an issue which sounded similar and replaced some "springs"? But they admitted that hasn't fixed the issue when they went on a test drive. I have a loaner until Monday. They have called Subaru "Senior Technicians" for help.
I'm having different but related issues with 2019 model steering, and the Senior Tech "didn't find anything" to fix so stated there is no problem! I really expected more from Subaru. See my recent post. If they don't know what the problem is or how to fix it they'll just say Nothing is Wrong!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Friends, they found the problem. And I am a bit embarrassed. Well, it would be worse if that had been the ONLY thing I had my car in service for. They discovered the squeak was from the Subaru Hitch Receiver that I was storing under the drivers seat. But why would it only squeak when I turned right? Just weird. I was storing it there because we often put kennels for our pups in the back and its a heavy unit which means I can't get to the hitch stored underneath, so I put it under the seat. I guess I'll have to find a different place to put it.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Friends, they found the problem. And I am a bit embarrassed. Well, it would be worse if that had been the ONLY thing I had my car in service for. They discovered the squeak was from the Subaru Hitch Receiver that I was storing under the drivers seat. But why would it only squeak when I turned right? Just weird. I was storing it there because we often put kennels for our pups in the back and its a heavy unit which means I can't get to the hitch stored underneath, so I put it under the seat. I guess I'll have to find a different place to put it.
Lol!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,904 Posts
Probably a really good/terrible "Dad joke" somewhere in that problem cause... :D 'Glad they found it, however!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
803 Posts
Ha! Good that it wasn’t anything more than that.

I’ve been hearing a clunk/thump when I turn right. Today I found a roll of dog poop bags at the bottom of one of the door cup holders. Duh!

Reactions: Eroi50
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.