Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
216 Posts
Those look nice -- are they chrome or painted white? I can't tell for sure from the photographs. I think these white Ascents look nice with some sort of molding on the doors. I've been meaning to order the OEM ones from Subaru but just haven't gotten around to it. Great work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those look nice -- are they chrome or painted white? I can't tell for sure from the photographs. I think these white Ascents look nice with some sort of molding on the doors. I've been meaning to order the OEM ones from Subaru but just haven't gotten around to it. Great work!
We decided to install black OEM body side molding on our CWP Ascent. One unintended benefit is that is easy to pick out in a sea of white vehicles.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're the k1x crystal white but really don't have as much metal flake as the car. The cross-section of the molding is kind of triangular so with the sun high, the molding casts itself into shadow making it appear darker.

I chose these over OEM because they were longer and the upward sweep aligned better with the body lines and kept the molding at the widest parts of the doors.

I wish they were made of a more resilient material. They seem hard and will probably chip if hit by a door edge. But I'd be more comfortable doing touchups on the molding than on the doors.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
They're the k1x crystal white but really don't have as much metal flake as the car. The cross-section of the molding is kind of triangular so with the sun high, the molding casts itself into shadow making it appear darker.

I chose these over OEM because they were longer and the upward sweep aligned better with the body lines and kept the molding at the widest parts of the doors.

I wish they were made of a more resilient material. They seem hard and will probably chip if hit by a door edge. But I'd be more comfortable doing touchups on the molding than on the doors.
I also noticed the darker appearance on mine due to the sunlight angle. At first, I thought it was a color mismatch, but the color was perfect when out of the sun. I actually really like the darker appearance because the slight contrast gives it a great multi-dimensional look rather than a flat appearance, which is striking. This is similar to the existing body contours which were artistically designed to do the same thing.

In regards to the resilience, I've had mine installed now for over a year and they've held up great despite being hit several times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts