Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating Package 2 vs 3. How important does everyone feel it is to get splash guards? Obviously they keep your car cleaner, but I religiously take both our cars to the wash every weekend. Am I missing something? I know I could just add splash guards to package 3, but I just don't think I need them....do I?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I got them on 2016 Forester (installed OEM part myself). IMO important if you drive on snow/slash/mud. I do lots of skiing and it's nice to see less accumulated snow and frozen slash on the button of the front doors.
They also look nice, I think they give more "finished" look

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Believe I read they are also very helpful when it comes to gravel roads and kicking up rocks - that's what sold me on them

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got them on 2016 Forester (installed OEM part myself). IMO important if you drive on snow/slash/mud. I do lots of skiing and it's nice to see less accumulated snow and frozen slash on the button of the front doors.
They also look nice, I think they give more "finished" look
This is pretty much what I was thinking when I added them to my order. They will help keep the exterior cleaner--especially behind the wheels, and they protect against stone chips. Also, the Subaru splash guards are very subtle. If you drive through a Subaru dealership and look at all the vehicles, it is somewhat hard to tell which ones have the splash guards unless you look very closely.

For around $100 installed, it seem like a great accessory.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Great option we have them on our Outback.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Great option we have them on our Outback.
I have splash guards on my outback, but not on my legacy. The only difference I've noticed is that the Outback seems to collect snow on the splash guards. It builds up until its a curved cone between the tire and the actual muck flying off behind the tire. My Legacy doesn't get this build up without the splash guards. I drive both cars very similarly with very little off-road driving. No rock chips on either car. 2013 Outback and 2015 Legacy.

·
Registered
967 Posts
It builds up until its a curved cone between the tire and the actual muck flying off behind the tire.
Do NOT kick at that curved cone to try to knock it off.

I did that once on a car and ended up breaking the whole splash guard off. (Not a Subaru, actually on a pickup truck.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts