Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had an accident with my kids spilling a thermos full of milk on the floor in the second row. We have all weather mats, but when I went to clean the mess up there was not enough milk on the mat to match what was missing. But the carpet beneath the all weather mats didn't feel wet. Well fast forward a few days and now we have spoiled milk smell in the car. What I think happened is that the milk went down the base of the second row seat and under the floor. I want to remove the carpet to see if I can clean this up before it does any more damage. The problem is that I have no idea how to get under there. Not sure what to remove so I can peel it back and get at it. Anyone have any resources or know how to get under there?

·
Registered
731 Posts
If your goal is to actually pull the entire carpet out of the car, you’re in for a treat.
I believe it’s one piece. I’ve had a lot of the car apart and it’s quite time consuming, ensuring nothing gets scratched or broken. I’d dedicate at least an entire long day or probably two.
I hate to sound like a mean Dad, but I have a “no drink other than water in the back seat“ rule for this exact reason. After watching our Forester get utterly trashed, I also pretty much have a no eating rule in the back seat too. If it is sticky or has crumbs, it doesn’t go anywhere near the kid. LOL!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would suggest taking your car to a professional detailer and have the car floors deep cleaned with an extractor. I'm sure they've encountered nastier stuff than spoiled milk. Go to Youtube and search for some dirty car detailing videos and you can get a sense of the cleaning process with an extractor.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would suggest taking your car to a professional detailer and have the car floors deep cleaned with an extractor. I'm sure they've encountered nastier stuff than spoiled milk. Go to Youtube and search for some dirty car detailing videos and you can get a sense of the cleaning process with an extractor.
Ditto. Time for professional help. Before it's too late!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.