Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum! Just got a Red Limited 8 passenger with moonroof and HK/Nav. Love it, but the size is an adjustment from the 08 Outback that we traded.

When I was setting up the car, I noticed in the Starlink manual that there's a "speed volume" setting to have the stereo auto adjust. P73 here.

This option isn't present on my car, and I love the feature on my Mazda 5. Do you have this feature on your system? My menu bottoms out at "Beep Sounds".

Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hi forum! Just got a Red Limited 8 passenger with moonroof and HK/Nav. Love it, but the size is an adjustment from the 08 Outback that we traded.

When I was setting up the car, I noticed in the Starlink manual that there's a "speed volume" setting to have the stereo auto adjust. P73 here.

This option isn't present on my car, and I love the feature on my Mazda 5. Do you have this feature on your system? My menu bottoms out at "Beep Sounds".

Thanks
Marc
Generally (not just the Acent), sometimes settings aren't available unless the car is on. Maybe try that? Also sometime features aren't available unless something is actively playing through the stereo. If you play some music and re-vist that menu, that might work as well. Good luck.

But I have the non HK audio stereo. YMMV

·
Registered
918 Posts
And some settings are only available if the car is in park! So turn on, but keep in park and check.

I have a Premium with the RF audio upgrade and the speed volume setting is present. Just changed it a couple weeks ago actually!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a premium with the base audio system (and Nav) and the setting is available in my car. Now there is a note that in the manual that its availability depends in the amplifier so it may not be available with the top-end HK audio system.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Abyss Blue Pearl
135 Posts
When I went in for the dealer training I asked about a speed volume setting and it is not available with the HK/nav.
Can anyone confirm that this is the case for 2021 Limited trim level, please? I certainly can't find it but it seems weird that the option isn't provided.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,844 Posts
Can anyone confirm that this is the case for 2021 Limited trim level, please? I certainly can't find it but it seems weird that the option isn't provided.
Nothing has changed relative to the entertainment system for MY19 through current.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
129 Posts
on the main display, probably under the radio settings. I believe it comes up with 3 options; low, medium and high??? i can take a look tomorrow to verify. I don't know if it depends on what station is on. I usually have a local NJ station on and occasionally XM .

·
Registered
186 Posts
I too, found the setting early on, in mine, but alas, seems to make no difference. Same on our older Forrester too - setting did nothing. Other cars Ive had, worked quite well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
These post reminded me to check on my speed volume setting. Here is where I found it on my 2019 Limited. First I pressed the "Home" button. Then select "Settings" and then select "Sound". Next scroll down to the bottom of the "Sound" menu where you will find "Speed Volume". Mine was set at "Low" and I changed it to "High" to see if that will make a difference. Like the previous poster, I had used the Speed Volume on my 2011 Outback and 2012 Forester, I I never notice much difference. Good luck.

Reactions: jobrien

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
129 Posts
I agree. I changed mine from low to high and it doesn't make a difference, as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Abyss Blue Pearl
135 Posts
Ah. I think that because our Ascent has the option package that includes the Harmon Kardon stereo I'm out of luck. The speed volume option does not appear on the menu.

On the other hand, it doesn't sound like it's highly functional ;) It's not a big deal, just wanted to know.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts