Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unable to understand how to stop the speed notifications when my phone is tethered (USB connected) to the system. Can anyone help?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,841 Posts
Not sure what you are referring to unless you are using a mapping app at the time and that's a feature of the particular mapping app.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
Are you talking about the feature in MySubaru app that sends you a text at a predetermined speed? The only way I know to turn that off is going thru the MySubaru app>set driver alerts>speed alerts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xydadx3, Thank you but it is not a text message, it is a verbal warning. It will turn the radio down, it also interrupts calls. It is very annoying.

·
Registered
816 Posts
What a coincidence I’m experiencing the same thing,quite annoying when you’re jamming your favorite song.Been happening ever since the firmware update.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep, scared the hell out of me the other day, never had heard it before. Definitely want to turn it off, but, without losing other things from StarLink...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Turn off the GPS connection to the Starlink app. That's what stopped those bleeping speed limit warnings for me. Some suggest deleting the app, but I chose not to do that. (In my iPhone, I went to the Starlink app and changed Location to Never.) Hope that helps.
Where exactly in the app can you turn off location?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where exactly in the app can you turn off location?
Glad you figured it out, but just for future reference (in case someone else is having the same issue), in an iPhone, go into Settings, then scroll down to the bottom to the Starlink app, then the top tab should be Location, then select Never. That's what worked for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Turn off the GPS connection to the Starlink app. That's what stopped those bleeping speed limit warnings for me. Some suggest deleting the app, but I chose not to do that. (In my iPhone, I went to the Starlink app and changed Location to Never.) Hope that helps.
Thank you, I had my wife delete the app but I will look into that instead.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Question, maybe stupid, but, if you turn off "Location" on the iPhone for the StarLink app, will that affect ability to determine where you are, like in an emergency, or will the car itself, or phone, still provide that in an emergency? For sure want to turn off the verbal speed warning, but, don't want to mess up someone being able to find me if necessary.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Question, maybe stupid, but, if you turn off "Location" on the iPhone for the StarLink app, will that affect ability to determine where you are, like in an emergency, or will the car itself, or phone, still provide that in an emergency? For sure want to turn off the verbal speed warning, but, don't want to mess up someone being able to find me if necessary.
The Telematics system uses the car's built in GPS to report your location to Starlink in the event of an emergency, irrelevant of phone or app settings, or if you even have either.

So, if you've got the Starlink service, then, you're good to go, no matter what you set your phone to, or whether you even have it or not.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Telematics system uses the car's built in GPS to report your location to Starlink in the event of an emergency, irrelevant of phone or app settings, or if you even have either.

So, if you've got the Starlink service, then, you're good to go, no matter what you set your phone to, or whether you even have it or not.
Thanks, Robert!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts