Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this may be an unpopular feature, but I just upgraded from a 2015 Outback 3.6 Limited to the Ascent Touring. I like the new Infotainment system in general, but it is missing a feature I really enjoyed on my previous Subaru. On the Outback, if I exceeded the speed limit, the speed limit sign on the nav would turn red. Am I missing a setting for this somewhere? Thanks for any help!

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
I haven't found such a setting, and they switched Nav providers, so, I am not sure if that setting exists in the current software. I'd definitely write them about it though. Maybe we will get it in a software update.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I realize this may be an unpopular feature, but I just upgraded from a 2015 Outback 3.6 Limited to the Ascent Touring. I like the new Infotainment system in general, but it is missing a feature I really enjoyed on my previous Subaru. On the Outback, if I exceeded the speed limit, the speed limit sign on the nav would turn red. Am I missing a setting for this somewhere? Thanks for any help!
I just upgraded from a 2017 Outback to a 2019. I don't think that feature transitioned. Another lost feature is the altimeter which was nice for us Rocky Mountain residents.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I for one welcome this change. Now my wife won’t give the stink eye when we’re traveling.

Good luck trying to see if there’s a setting though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll test out Waze on Android Auto. Just don't like that Android Auto is not Bluetooth-based. At least on a trip, I'll plug in the phone. But, just driving around town in the new Ascent vs Outback, I find it's really easy to speed for some reason.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Speed Limit on Nav is inaccurate on 60% of roads around me ...
Yeah, I've noticed that on one of the roads near me. Nav will be fine when we're going east, then we turn south and it thinks the speed limit on Eastern Avenue is the same as on I-35.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts