Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've had my 2019 Ascent Limited for about a month now and I'm new to this Forum. I've been having a few issues with the radio/speakers/android auto and took my car to a dealer this morning for the issues. The dealer updated the radio/head unit software to the most current version but I'm still experiencing the issues. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same:
-Speaker "clunking noises" in the rear (mostly/exclusively when using Android Auto)
-Speakers cutting out on right or left side for about 10 minutes then coming back
-Amazon Music freezes and Android Auto restarts when switching through songs
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Android Auto but these issues persist. I've also verified that I have the most up to date software for the car and that Android Auto is up to date.

Side Note: I thought that the Limited came with Navigation but I was told by the dealer that only the touring comes with Navigation and that I have to use my phone in order to have Navigation on the Limited. I swear that everything I read, including the vehicle sticker, said that the Limited comes with Navigation, no?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Side Note: I thought that the Limited came with Navigation but I was told by the dealer that only the touring comes with Navigation and that I have to use my phone in order to have Navigation on the Limited. I swear that everything I read, including the vehicle sticker, said that the Limited comes with Navigation, no?
Two different trims levels of Limited. Nav is not standard, it's part of an option package.

Standard model Option 21 does NOT come with nav.
Option 23 DOES have nav - and the panoramic moonroof, and Harmon Kardon Audio, and the Cargo Cover.

Touring comes with navigation standard (not part of an option package).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Describe the clunking sound more. Does it sound like the speaker is moving around in the enclosure (does it do it going around corners, etc) or is it something else, like the speaker clipping the audio? Does it do it with all sources or just the Android Auto, or bluetooth, etc? If you adjust or fade the sound to the speaker that is not producing output at the time, what happens?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im a little late but... Yes yes yes! I had this same issue with my new 2020 wrx... thought the car was seriously broken. Sounded like a metal pipe rolling around in the back of the trunk. There is a setting in the Sound settings called "Speed volume" turned that off and it stopped. I hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts