Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm from Littleton,CO. I have the Ascent and this is my first Subaru. I love the smooth ride it offers and traveling into the mountains is a breeze. going up the mountains is no different than driving on flat road. With that said I am disappointed about the milage. They are way off. just around town we get 17 - 18 mpg. Coming down from the mountains I got 23mpg. It should be way better seeing how it's all down hill. No where near 26mpg. I have the touring model. I think someone lied when doing the mpg rating. Now the cup holders. I would like to know what kind of cups they planned on using in this. they don't fit anything. to big for fast food cups. to small for the insulated bottles. The back seat are a little better. The mirrors don't adjust with the seat memory. For each driver you have to adjust the mirrors. For $50K they could have linked the two. The rear view mirror doesn't go up high enough for tall drivers. The seats are very comfortable though. over all it's very nice.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Now the cup holders. I would like to know what kind of cups they planned on using in this. they don't fit anything. to big for fast food cups. to small for the insulated bottles. The back seat are a little better. The mirrors don't adjust with the seat memory. For each driver you have to adjust the mirrors. For $50K they could have linked the two. The rear view mirror doesn't go up high enough for tall drivers. The seats are very comfortable though. over all it's very nice.
It must be the Colorado cups because my Texas cups fit fine. I am guessing that designing a cup holder is a hard and thankless job and you can only please about a third of the people so no matter what you do 2/3 of the folks will not like it.

I agree with the mirrors and the memory.

The rear view mirror works fine for me but I am only 6'7".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It must be the Colorado cups because my Texas cups fit fine. I am guessing that designing a cup holder is a hard and thankless job and you can only please about a third of the people so no matter what you do 2/3 of the folks will not like it.

I agree with the mirrors and the memory.

The rear view mirror works fine for me but I am only 6'7".
Yes if you have a regular mirror. I have the rear camera in mine, so I don’t get the flip up portion.

·
Administrator
10,955 Posts
Shouldn’t the computer adjust for that?
It's a matter of there being less oxygen to burn. Not much the car can do about that.

But, the good news is our turbos suck in so much air that the impact is a lot less than on a "naturally aspirated" car. That's where a forced air induction system really shines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts