Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Ascent have a sound symposer installed? I did not think to look for it when I saw the Ascent at the car show. My best guess is that since the Ascent is not marketed with a performance vibe, it would not have that feature. I removed the sound tube system entirely from my 2017 Subaru BRZ. I think it bothered my dog when I took him to the dog park. Along with nearly half of owners that have deleted that annoying wheezing buzzing sound from the interior of the car, I prefer a more quiet interior. I suppose the other half are unaware of the fraud or are just fine with psychological manipulation by the auto industry marketing departments. Three decades ago, the Ascent would have needed a 7 liter engine with a huge carburetor, but now an engine 1/3rd the displacement with forced induction does the job more efficiently and cleaner. But, something is missing... that manly sound of power. This dishonesty is industry wide and it not just augmented acoustically; some vehicles have sound generated electronically. Rather than install this nonsense on all vehicles, the car manufacturer should add it as an upgrade with options to make your car (or truck) sound like a Ferrari or Union Pacific locomotive. I think it would be cool to have the Ascent with a 'Warp Drive' sound.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I want the car to make no noise for me. One thing I like about electric cars is how they make no noise. I don't mind engine sound at times but the majority of the time I just want to hear people talking or music not the noise in the car.

The FX35 was a great example where it had a growl all the time and on long trips became very annoying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts