Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one here got any type of Software update from Subaru (OTA) ?
I dont see why that feature is there if there are not frequent updates.

Also does any one know how much of an update they can do? like is it strickly Infotainment system ? or car settings updates?

I am thinking about disabling auto check Software Update feature(just annoys me and reminds me that its not Tesla) lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, just did an update yesterday. It updated some of the problems we had like missing radio presets and updated the maps. A recommendation that we received after a failed attempt via USB, make sure it's a USB 3.0 Type A stick. After purchasing one, it was faster downloading from the MAC and it successfully installed on the Ascent.

·
Registered
865 Posts
He's asking about over-the-air updates via wifi. AFAIK, it's still not functional. I turned off my auto update a while back until I learn that this feature is actually doing things. It does get pretty annoying to see the update attempt every time I pull into my garage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, just did an update yesterday. It updated some of the problems we had like missing radio presets and updated the maps. A recommendation that we received after a failed attempt via USB, make sure it's a USB 3.0 Type A stick. After purchasing one, it was faster downloading from the MAC and it successfully installed on the Ascent.
When you get a chance can you give a screen shot or details about what the latest version is?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Any one here got any type of Software update from Subaru (OTA) ?
I dont see why that feature is there if there are not frequent updates.

Also does any one know how much of an update they can do? like is it strickly Infotainment system ? or car settings updates?

I am thinking about disabling auto check Software Update feature(just annoys me and reminds me that its not Tesla) lol
Software/Firmware/Head Unit updates can ONLY be done via computer or dealership. The only thing updating OTA are the 7-8 States you selected as your "Region". Do a search for Map Updates and you will find a thorough listing posted of was is in the update. Things like "Speech, Speed Limits, XM, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts