Subaru Ascent Forum banner

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,616 Posts
No luck still :sad: I reinstalled installer, formatted usb stick to NTFS and map downloader installed update successfully. Then went to car, started it, waited for few till everything boots up. Plugged in USB stick.. after few seconds same message "USB authentication unsuccessful". Not sure what is going on.
What version do you currently have? (sorry if I missed it above). Maybe you're trying to downgrade?

·
Super Moderator
5,616 Posts
yeah seems like.. why is map downloader suggesting that? Also if you see publication date it is 2019-04-4.. Weird !!
They re-released an older version, so, the date is the re-release date, but, it's still an older version. Gets confusing. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
887 Posts
My Touring is showing this. Manufacture date is 2/19 and maps portal only shows this version. Have buggy stuff going on with AA.
Also, Navi database is blank?

So should I contact dealer to update this?

Yes, go to dealer to have them complete an update. Let them know you were not able to self update so they do not charge you for this service.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have mentioned before my “update” for my NA subscription comes up as subscription expired when on auto update. It started Sept 2018. I contacted Subaru and after waiting weeks and several tries for resolution, I get “no updates are available”, ie “sit on it until we tell you” from Subaru via e-mails. I’ve also got a Map Updater that tells me I can get an update on Australia & New Zealand. Their Navi communication is a bit of a mess. I hope it gets cleared up before my initial subscription dies in 2021.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This worked fine for me. I downloaded the app to my laptop, signed in, and downloaded the update to a USB 3 flash drive. Took a few tries to get the vehicle to recognize it, but then the update was probably a 15-20 minute effort.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine says Rel4.18.20.50. I assume that is out of date. We have ours connected to our wifi when we pull into our garage. I thought it automatically updated thru our wifi. I checked and the automatic update feature is on. Do we have to do something special to make it happen?

·
Super Moderator
5,616 Posts
Mine says Rel4.18.20.50. I assume that is out of date. We have ours connected to our wifi when we pull into our garage. I thought it automatically updated thru our wifi. I checked and the automatic update feature is on. Do we have to do something special to make it happen?
If you have Navigation, please go to https://subaru-maps.com and follow the instructions there. It will not download new firmware via wifi. Just maps updates.

if you don't have nav, you can ask your dealer to update it for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Went to the website and it said the updated version is U1.18.38.50. Scrolling back thru this thread I see that is not the latest version. I don't understand but decided to do nothing with it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine is at Rel4.18.20.50. Nothing new in subaru-maps. I had the Ascent in the dealer for an IOU so I asked them to update this. Per the service invoice "unit is running the latest software and is performing as intended".

Grrrrrr.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a touring and my version shows Rel_UA.19.01.70
For some reason they released Rel_U1.18.38.50 on 4-4-2019. So older version at later date. If anyone has older than U1.18.38.50 then looks like they can only upgrade to U1.18.38.50 cause that is the latest version but not the newer(so weird). Now maybe Rel_UA.19.01.70 is not the good version so they reverted to old? but when i tried to update my vehicle will not allow you to revert back to old version. I'm not facing any issues with Rel_UA.19.01.70 so i'm staying put and not worried about it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Had mine in twice for issues with the version they are currently releasing. The newer update is on hold to work out some issues so they released the older version for the meantime. However, that’s the version I’m having issues with. Haha. Was told the newer update was coming soon though.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just tried to do the firmware update via usb drive but failed at the Map Update. Will give it another try tomorrow.
I had the same problem. I am planning on re-downloading the update and put on another USB. I just tried to download the update but there must be a bit of traffic on their end because it went so slow that it stopped. Oh well ill try again...

201 - 220 of 249 Posts