Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have to say, Subaru’s customer service keeps amazing me!
I wish I could say the same for all dealerships. I believe I’ve now found a dealership with a good service dept. Unfortunately there are others that aren’t as up to par. But those are just the dealerships...
So far in my 17 months of ownership I’ve called SOA twice. The first time I was just looking for some info to get me pointed in the right direction but they went above and beyond by covering everything I needed. The second time, more recently, they blew me away! All I‘ll say is they saved me thousands of $, relieving any stress that may come up in the next several years of owning my Ascent. The advisor has stayed in touch by email and phone to make sure they and the dealer are both taking care of me and my Ascent. I’m thankful for their customer service and hope everyone else has a similar experience.

Now if it’ll just snow here so I can happily use my AWD I couldn’t ask for more!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
831 Posts
That's really encouraging to read!

I had a great sales experience but since then the service department has been the real face of Subaru for me and I have to say they have been terrific.

I think that Subaru has that great customer service experience as an overall goal but sometimes the people charged with carrying it out fall short.

What's interesting is that my previous Subarus were an '82 and '84 and customer service is as good or better than it was back then. It's the same dealership so it has to be a value they have passed down.

Also: I got 2" of snow last night. ?

Reactions: xydadx3

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have to say, Subaru’s customer service keeps amazing me!
I wish I could say the same for all dealerships. I believe I’ve now found a dealership with a good service dept. Unfortunately there are others that aren’t as up to par. But those are just the dealerships...
So far in my 17 months of ownership I’ve called SOA twice. The first time I was just looking for some info to get me pointed in the right direction but they went above and beyond by covering everything I needed. The second time, more recently, they blew me away! All I‘ll say is they saved me thousands of $, relieving any stress that may come up in the next several years of owning my Ascent. The advisor has stayed in touch by email and phone to make sure they and the dealer are both taking care of me and my Ascent. I’m thankful for their customer service and hope everyone else has a similar experience.

Now if it’ll just snow here so I can happily use my AWD I couldn’t ask for more!
1-800-782-2783

Is that the number you contacted (via the MySubaru app) or do you have a better one by chance?

·
Registered
588 Posts
SOA has been terrific with me also on any "situations". Dealership I purchased from, except for the Finance guy was also outstanding but service department is what counts. they were excellent. Just relocated to another State and am hope for more of the same!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
831 Posts
SOA has been terrific with me also on any "situations". Dealership I purchased from, except for the Finance guy was also outstanding but service department is what counts. they were excellent. Just relocated to another State and am hope for more of the same!
Agreed, the "Finance Guy" was the exception for me also.

Reactions: kathytn

·
Banned
85 Posts
Same here. He had the paint and interior treated w auto armour despite I signed documents including the purchase agreement that clearly indicated I was declining the treatment. When I put the deposit down I verbally declined it as well. He also added a few hundred dollars to that cost from what was quoted by the salesman their "sale price". They also had wrote on the contract the add on cost after I signed w/o the add-on which was clearly indicated on my copy of the contract. They erred by emailing me the their contract to show I signed a contract. That is how I caught the altered document. Once I caught I contacted the owner/general manager and they had to refund me almost $1000.00 but strongly denied any wrong doing even after I sent them a copy of what I signed. It really soured the entire purchase and we were returning customers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We have been driving Subarus for 26 years with the soon to arrive Ascent being our 7th Subaru. I have only had to call SOA twice, once about the discount for the baskets for the roof racks for the 2010-2014 Gen Outbacks (They had expired so they gave me coupons for service to 30K) and a couple days ago about loyalty coupons which they send me a $500 coupon for our Ascent which should be in in a week or two. Other than that we have had no need to call SOA as our dealer's service department (same dealer for 26 years) has always taken care of any issues that have come up. Purchasing is also just as easy - Price is what is posted, no money down to order and KBB for any trade. Absolutely no hassle which is worth possibly paying a little more. Use to get free loaners for day long service but now it's $5 unless it's warranty work then it's still free.

·
Administrator
11,392 Posts
My finance guy, Tom Portee, at @Liberty Subaru, has been my Subaru finance guy since 2013, long before I even knew what a Subaru Ambassador was. He's been phenomenal. And that's not just my opinion. He's got a 5/5 star rating on DealerRater from actual customers.

Who the heck ever heard of a finance guy earning and keeping a 5 star rating?!?!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have called SOA several times initially for the loyalty coupons and recently to consolidate our two accounts (2019 Outback and 2020 Ascent). They have always been helpful! I am big (new) Subaru fan!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
the dog ate my homework -- Actually it was the postal service who ate my check.

My son's Subaru Impreza had a rotor and brake pad problem which I was ultimately able to get SOA to handle under warranty. I already had paid for the repair work in full at the dealership. SOA initially stated they would mail me a reimbursement check so I just waited. I then got a call from the dealership stating they would credit my charge card for that amount. I was a bit confused but at the time it was not worth trying to reconcile all of it. I did get the charge credit on 12/16 and then just today I received a post office envelope which had a SOA envelope inside. The SOA envelope apparently had been damaged by US postal machines and it was torn up. Inside the SOA envelope was a check for the reimbursed amount. It was weeks ago so I thought I had already had been reimbursed but was not certain (and could not check while I was driving) so I called SOA and let them know I would look into it since even though I would love to have an extra $500 in my pocket, if it was not due me, I did not want to take SOA money when it was not due me.

Sure enough I had been already credited for the work done by the dealer so I notified SOA that they can place a stop payment on the check and note that I was reimbursed.

Share the Love.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts