Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was going up a hill today when I heard a loud bang come from the car. Nothing on the dash or any display indicating any problem. The only sign that there's something amiss is that there is a sporadic dull knocking sound from the rear of the car. I've already contacted the dealer in order to bring it in to be "looked" at. I'm just hoping that it won't take long to fix whatever it is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rear Strut Replacement

I had a similar noise from the rear right of my Ascent. The dealer had a very hard time figuring it out. Turned out to be a failed strut.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar noise from the rear right of my Ascent. The dealer had a very hard time figuring it out. Turned out to be a failed strut.
Thanks Robin! I'll mention that to the folks in the service department.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just returned from the dealer. They ended up replacing the sway bar and no more knocking.
Are you sure it was the sway bar that was replaced and not an end link or bracket? Did you get to see where the sway bar actually failed?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't have the opportunity to see where it was replaced. All that I know from what the service advisor told me is that the dealer was told by Subaru to replace the sway bar. Initially they wanted to (re)tighten it but we're told to replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts