Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As someone looking at the Limited in Abyss Blue, I am contemplating the two interior options. Any pro’s and con’s of either? More specifically, main thoughts ...

My main question is what they look like in pictures. Does one look better than the other? Any help would be appreciate ?

I’m also wondering how the Warm Ivory will hold up to 2 young kids.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I am ordering the Ivory with my Blue exterior, but this is clearly a personal preference. The issue of wear is the same regardless of color. With two young kids, I would suggest drink containers that will minimize damage and regular cleaning for residual snack debri etc. They are kids and they will at times create a mess depending on what you allow in your vehicle. The leather is treated so as long as you wipe it up soon after it should be fine. You could also install seat covers for their area to protect the leather until they get older. I suggest Weathertech floor liners throughout.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does anyone have pics of the Warm Ivory? It’s been hard to find online. I imagine the Slate Black is just that ... black.

(I didn’t pay much attention to this aspect when test driving ?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
One thing to consider with the black leather is that there are still going to be ivory pieces on the dash and doors. Ivory is the only interior choice where all the padded pieces match, if that matters to you. I have a couple of photos here:

https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/...rea/3301-black-ivory-7-passenger-limited.html

There are also plenty of warm ivory photos in Motor Trend's long-term Ascent article, but the photographer chose to filter the images so they all look kind of washed out.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/subaru/ascent/2019/2019-subaru-ascent-long-term-arrival-review/

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I really like how the Warm Ivory blends black as well. I’ll likely save the “trouble” of a factory order and go with the Ivory and couple it with some Weathertechs. The black would be a little sportier but the Ivory is sporty in its own right as well.

Reactions: rockthebeef

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I have looked at the website correctly the black is not available with the Abyss Blue. Like the color alot but we prefer the black/darker interior, so we took this color off our list.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I have looked at the website correctly the black is not available with the Abyss Blue. Like the color alot but we prefer the black/darker interior, so we took this color off our list.
Worst thread ever ?

I think you may be right. The NADA site made it seem possible though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the warm ivory in my 2011 Outback LTD & it wore great - even with lots of fishing & hiking trips, with quick trips from one spot to another searching for the wily trout in Idaho. Minimal care kept it looking like new.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Here you go. Exactly the reason we will go with the Crystal White Pearl Limted with black interior when we order one. These are pictures I took of the "warm ivory" interior of the Ascent. The color is accurate in the pics - yes, it looks like white.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here you go. Exactly the reason we will go with the Crystal White Pearl Limted with black interior when we order one. These are pictures I took of the "warm ivory" interior of the Ascent. The color is accurate in the pics - yes, it looks like white.
Oh geez. Looks more like Cool Ivory. Well, we’re headed back to the dealership tomorrow anyways so I guess we’ll give it a hard look.

Even with a factory order, can black interior not cone with Abyss Blue?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have a White Limited with ivory interior. It looks great and blends in well with the black. It requires more care and maintenance though. My driver seat seems to be discoloring though - especially from jeans. I notice the blue from the jeans is rubbing onto the seats but it's nothing a little care and leather cleaner can't fix.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Have a White Limited with ivory interior. It looks great and blends in well with the black. It requires more care and maintenance though. My driver seat seems to be discoloring though - especially from jeans. I notice the blue from the jeans is rubbing onto the seats but it's nothing a little care and leather cleaner can't fix.
Anybody know if we can prevent that by applying wax or some-sort?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Anybody know if we can prevent that by applying wax or some-sort?
I just wipe my seats with leather soap regularly. I think if you let the dye transfer sit too long it becomes harder to remove. I've only had to spot clean my driver's seat twice since getting my car in mid-August.

But to answer your question, I found this. I have no idea of its effectiveness.
Modesta Leather Protection System ? Car Cleaning | Auto Detailing | Paint Correction | Modesta Paint Coatings | Paint Protection Film | London, Ontario

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’ve got young kids. Are the Ivory seats going to get noticeably dirty?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts