Subaru Ascent Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
If you did the hitch I think you'll have no problems with the primitive skids. I did the skids but not the hitch. My front lip was missing a parts bag and primitive shipped immediately once I called them. Lesson is it's worth opening the box and taking inventory vs. the printed instructions and make sure everything is on hand before you start. make sure you have the right torque wrenches on hand. there are some big bolts and small ones with varying high and low Torques. i don't think i would have gotten the big ones tight enough just guessing vs. the giant 1/2 inch drive torque wrench which made it easy.
inventorying the parts when it arrives is critical. this is not IKEA.

·
Administrator
10,404 Posts
Very easy to install. Pay particular attention to re-installing the air diverter onto the front skid plate, otherwise, it's cake for anyone with some mechanical inclination.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
How difficult were the Primitive skid plates to install? I did my OEM hitch, but have never really spent any time under my vehicle ... and would need to figure out that end of things.
I completed the install in about two hours for all three plates. I needed two different torque wrenches. Plates covered cat converter. I completed the installation on jack stands. Could probably be done in less time.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts