·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,871 Posts
Yup...it happened. :) :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
I didn't realize they came forward over the front lip a bit, that's pretty nice. Do you have a link to the item? I'm curious if they have a blacked out one. I'm personally just not a fan of chrome/bare metal look, but I like the idea of having the skid plate as we often go rock/crystal hunting...and those roads are often pretty rugged. :)

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
4,935 Posts
I didn't realize they came forward over the front lip a bit, that's pretty nice. Do you have a link to the item? I'm curious if they have a blacked out one. I'm personally just not a fan of chrome/bare metal look, but I like the idea of having the skid plate as we often go rock/crystal hunting...and those roads are often pretty rugged. :)
they do not have any other finish than what you see in the photo. The lip is an additional option they sell. I have one installed as well.

·
Administrator
12,750 Posts
I highly recommend the lip... the number of times it's taken the brunt of something, or shoveled sand (or dirt hill or even loose rocks) out of the way on my adventures when I am being a little lazy on picking the right line is pretty high, lol!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Not a fan/lover/liker/ of chrome or shiny objects. Well rip'em off and get them off there. Put them in a box and send them to me. I will pay shipping and get that shiny stuff out of your way to never blind you again. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
164 Posts
I highly recommend the lip... the number of times it's taken the brunt of something, or shoveled sand (or dirt hill or even loose rocks) out of the way on my adventures when I am being a little lazy on picking the right line is pretty high, lol!
Robert, do the skid plates collect a lot of pine barren sand? Thinking about getting them.

·
Administrator
12,750 Posts
Robert, do the skid plates collect a lot of pine barren sand? Thinking about getting them.
No, but my underside plastic gas tank brush protection does.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts