Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have so far been unable to use the Sirius Weather and Traffic. I called Sirius's tech support and they said that there is nothing they can do, it is a Subaru issue. Has anyone else have this problem? Wanted to check before I called Subaru.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Go to the Home Screen, click on Apps, then click on the Travel link. (I think). I will check later, but I think that's where weather, gas prices and a lot more is located. They seem to have integrated a bunch of services together.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I noticed that, too.

I thought it was related to the geographic location you're in - be sure you're in a covered market. I am, but that selection is still grey'ed out.

Secondary to that, I've noticed that while I can't get that display to "un-gray" on the SXM screen, it is nevertheless active when I am using the built-in navigation, and that this is regardless of if I've actually got the map displayed on the main screen.

Similarly, I am still able to access Travel Link as Robert.Mauro described.

Maybe this will be fixed in the next update?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Go to the Home Screen, click on Apps, then click on the Travel link. (I think). I will check later, but I think that's where weather, gas prices and a lot more is located. They seem to have integrated a bunch of services together.

Robert - there is something else someplace to check or change. Took me FOREVER to accidentally find it and I can't remember where it was. Just something that needed clicked on or changed in some menu on the infotainment center. I think I found it when I was trying to find out where to change the color/background of the screen.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Robert - there is something else someplace to check or change. Took me FOREVER to accidentally find it and I can't remember where it was. Just something that needed clicked on or changed in some menu on the infotainment center. I think I found it when I was trying to find out where to change the color/background of the screen.
Ok, I will dig later and see if I can figure it out and make a video for everyone. Thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

you are right, never crossed my mind. I've used the Travel link App...just always notice the grayed out button.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think you need to set your location first but I don't have the steps in front of me at the moment. Once I did that I was able to use the traffic and weather.

·
Registered
668 Posts
^ I'm not sure if the owner's "Home/Work" location(s) needs to be set in the Nav or not, but......

My Travel Link app was shaded and not clickable until I found something that needed clicked or changed.

It's in the "Ascent SUBARU STARLINK 6.5" Multimedia System, SUBARU STARLINK 8" Multimedia Plus SUBARU STARLINK 8" Multimedia Navigation" "mini-manual" - and here's the direct link: https://cdn.subarunet.com/stis/doc/ownerManual/MSA5M1924A_STIS.pdf

You'll want to go to page 142.

From the SXM screen on the main multimedia (center console stack) display, access the "Browse" virtual button on the upper right of the screen. On the following screen, tap the "down" virtual arrow on the left column until you get to the "Traffic & Weather" virtual button, and then select it. Then you can select your city/region (only one "packaged" area can be selected at a time, but the locations cycle as you are listening).

When you've got an area selected as you default (i.e. that you've de-selected the "No City Selected" option), you'll see the small "Traffic & Weather Now" virtual button on the main SXM display become "white," but you will still may not be able to access it immediately. When the system loads the latest information, the button turns "green," at which point you will be able to select it.

Note that this option is SEPARATE from the SXM Traffic coverage market ( https://www.siriusxm.com/siriusxmtraffic/marketcoverage ). The cities/areas that are covered via the SXM "Traffic & Weather Now" are listed specifically in the Channel Lineup between 133 and 136, covering New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Chicago, Detroit, Dallas-Ft. Worth, and Los Angeles.

Consider this button a simple "shortcut" to punt you directly into your selected area's "Traffic & Weather Now" Channel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts