Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Silver Ascent Touring
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up our 5th Subaru this week, a new 2021 Ascent Touring in silver. Absolutely loving it.

Our other car is a 2021 Forester Limited in magnetite gray. We've also been through two Outbacks and a Crosstrek. The wife's job means often hauling around a lot of gear, so the extra room in the Ascent was the main reason to upgrade. I feel like we're on the final boss of Subarus.

Our main reason for getting into Subarus was when I went in to the Air Force awhile ago. We never knew where we would be, and I was going to move every 2 years, so it was helpful to have cars that could handle a wide variety of circumstances. I left active duty, and we're back in Atlanta. Even though we probably don't need two Subarus now, it's hard to let go.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent, 2015 Kia K900
122 Posts
Congrats. My wife and I and our two sons have been through seven Subarus over the years. We bought our silver Ascent Touring a few weeks ago and are very happy we did.

·
Registered
2021 Silver Ascent Touring
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: We've crossed 500 miles. 😂 We're still in pandemic life, at least work-wise. The wife ended up doing some work across the country, so she wasn't driving daily. I also don't take it out a lot, because we keep a lot of her work stuff in it.

It's been great, though. I really enjoy that there is no start/stop feature. I feel lucky to have gotten a car in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty-one that does not have that. 😆 I'm looking forward to taking trips in it for sure. After years of naturally aspirated Subaru 4 cylinder engines, the power is much appreciated.

The only negative is I don't like the feel of the steering wheel. It's fine, and I'll get used to it, but I would prefer something like our other Subarus have had.

Not a negative, but I appreciate our Forester more now. It feels smaller and easier to manager in the city than the Ascent, especially with the turning radius. I still think I would prefer to pair a Crosstrek with our Ascent, but that's not on the table right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts