Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy

Can you check your Ascents Door jamb where the door tie down the to body of the car..

it seem like they applieded silicon then tighten the nut onto the door anchor

(its on all 4 door, and both anchor point of each door)

First time seeing silicon applied at that spot

·
Registered
225 Posts
Same thing on mine. I didn't even notice it because mine is white. Seems like a good idea to me. Keeps water from getting in and helps seal the hole from the elements which should prevent rust if there is any bare metal exposed after they stick in the bolt.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You may not have noticed it before because it may not have been there before you took your car to servicing. I mentioned this offhand vaguely in another thread somewhere. But I noticed that this was added without documentation or mention by the dealership. And I know for FACT that it wasn’t there before because I just looked at the exact same spot looking for a way to route some wiring. Not sure if they’re supposed to do that but I assumed it fell under necessary lubrication. Still, they should notify with some sort of focumentation.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
If you are referring to the door hinges, ours had a film on them when we got the car from the dealer. Even the hinges on the rear lift gate. I don’t know if it was applied at the dealership or the factory but I am happy that they would do so. If not, I would have sprayed them with Fluid Film but then I live in the rust belt and there is an obscene amount of salt used on our roads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.