Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, i took delivery of my Silica Black "Touring" model, that is an upgrade from my 2017 Outback "Limited" that had been optioned up to almost a Touring trim.While I loved that car, I was forced to make the move for two reasons, one was to gain more room for my grandchildren, as two of them are in car seats that would've taken up the entire back of the outback, and secondly I made the mistake of buying the car with the anemic four cylinder engine which offered great gas mileage but couldn't accelerate out of its own way. This is my third Subie, the first one was a 1993 SVX a car that had turned me off from the brand for years.Now getting back to my Ascent I love this car, the acceleration is more than adequate it has three row seating with room for seven,as I went for the Captains chairs in the second row, and the bench in the third. The Panoramic Sunroof is well great. And the standard features are just too numerous to name, I'm still immersed in the owners manual a week after taking delivery of the car. The ride and handling is great Subaru out did themselves with this car,I look forward to many miles of driving pleasure.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Congrats. It is a great car. Glad you are happy with it. I also seem to keep going back to the owners manual to look up something. It is one sophisticated car.

·
Registered
667 Posts
...upgrade from my 2017 Outback "Limited" that had been optioned up to almost a Touring trim.While I loved that car, I was forced to make the move for two reasons...secondly I made the mistake of buying the car with the anemic four cylinder engine which offered great gas mileage but couldn't accelerate out of its own way.
Congrats on the Black Silica Touring - your OB wasn't silver, was it? 'Cause that would make us twins! :grin:

I come from a '16 2.5i Limited, and I had the same complaint of its NA flat-four. I actually found it reasonable around-town, but it really lacked highway passing power...not to mention the need to have almost future-reading levels of foresight for safe on-ramp merging! :smile_big:

In a family of force-fed Subarus (counting the Ascent, this is our 6th force-fed Subaru out of 8 Subarus total...and we have a 9th coming in February, likely another WRX for my wife) - I found even the NA flat-six in my '13 Tribeca to be more than reasonable.

I had a budget that I wanted to meet for the OB, and it was either to stretch that just a little for the lower trim level 3.6R, versus being comfortably within its bound for a loaded-out 2.5i. I thought that having the electronic toys in the 2.5i Limited would have been adequate compensation...besides, it's more fun driving a slow car fast, right? :eek: Yeah, not so much.

I went into the dealership this time looking at the Ascent, with the top trim level 3.6R being my sure-bet fallback. I don't regret for one minute spending the extra money on the Ascent Touring. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have mine. :smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts