Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Significant changes in 2020 over 2019 models?

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Jxsajxbd 
#1 ·
Just curious as my son is looking at the new ones..

#5 ·
Yes, and that's unlikely to change. For me, that doesn't matter since I listen to my local non-commercial music radio station 100% of the time I'm in my vehicle anyway. If you want no sound when you turn on the ignition...put the volume to zero or set the radio on station "0" for Sirius.

#18 ·
Yeah, there are a bunch of little ones. One small example is the A-pillar retention clips were all redesigned for 2020 as the ’19s had a problem with the A-pillar covers popping off and if they ever had to be removed, they wouldn’t stay back on once re-clipped on.
Even still on the 2020s, the clips, despite different design and part numbers are more of a ”one time use” setup. I’ve had mine removed 4-5 times and I make sure they have them in stock BEFORE I hand them my keys (This all for a warranty issue I had). They said a lot of other little things like that are different on the ‘20s - different part numbers than the ‘19s.
We know, so far, knock on wood, the ’20s don’t have the defective hood adhesive that causes the flapping/rippling of the hood skin on many of the ‘19s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.