Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,844 Posts
Very minor feature additions and tweaks; otherwise...the same.

·
Super Moderator
3,844 Posts
So the 'flippin' radio still comes on when you start the car?
Yes, and that's unlikely to change. For me, that doesn't matter since I listen to my local non-commercial music radio station 100% of the time I'm in my vehicle anyway. If you want no sound when you turn on the ignition...put the volume to zero or set the radio on station "0" for Sirius.

·
Super Moderator
3,844 Posts
I’m wondering if that switch to turn all lights could be added to a 2019??....hmmmmm
Already discussed elsewhere in the forums...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Yeah, as does every single other car made in the 21st century ? "

I have bought three other new cars since 2000 -- including an Outback . NONE have had this 'feature' except for the Ascent!

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
628 Posts
That's because most cars don't have a mute ;) if you properly turn off the radio it will stay off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Yeah, as does every single other car made in the 21st century ? "

I have bought three other new cars since 2000 -- including an Outback . NONE have had this 'feature' except for the Ascent!
I keep coming across this comment in the Facebook group and it did really confuse me. I’ve never paid attention to this feature in any care and when I saw this post on Facebook I couldn’t answer for this vehicle or past vehicles or understand why it would matter. Then one day my daughter and I hopped in my ascent after my husband drove it and we were assaulted by his music. So now I kind of get it. I realized that over the years I have just turned down the volume knob when exiting the vehicle or quickly at start up. This is true for all vehicles we’ve owned in 2000s (Saturn, Scion, Highlander, Ascent) and prior when I revisited each 2000s vehicle and reflected on the others with family. I’m happy you’ve found some vehicles that do not have this feature. Other than the outback (MY?) could you share which vehicles? Perhaps others have the same preference and would be interested in those vehicles as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm sure there are other changes that are not revealed as well since they are not new features but are different parts fixes etc that are quietly done to fix an issue.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm sure there are other changes that are not revealed as well since they are not new features but are different parts fixes etc that are quietly done to fix an issue.
Yeah, there are a bunch of little ones. One small example is the A-pillar retention clips were all redesigned for 2020 as the ’19s had a problem with the A-pillar covers popping off and if they ever had to be removed, they wouldn’t stay back on once re-clipped on.
Even still on the 2020s, the clips, despite different design and part numbers are more of a ”one time use” setup. I’ve had mine removed 4-5 times and I make sure they have them in stock BEFORE I hand them my keys (This all for a warranty issue I had). They said a lot of other little things like that are different on the ‘20s - different part numbers than the ‘19s.
We know, so far, knock on wood, the ’20s don’t have the defective hood adhesive that causes the flapping/rippling of the hood skin on many of the ‘19s.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The most significant change is that the 20s use an a new sensor harness for the transmission that is not susceptible (supposedly) to the corrosion that was causing the CVT slip problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts