Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When opening mirror from folded position, if I just let it pop into place I need to readjust the mirror. This happens on both sides. Slamming doors shut will also cause the mirror to move, but not as pronounced.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
When opening mirror from folded position, if I just let it pop into place I need to readjust the mirror. This happens on both sides. Slamming doors shut will also cause the mirror to move, but not as pronounced.
I would bring it in and have it checked out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would bring it in and have it checked out.
Yep. Going Friday, for that and to check out the front struts. I have that thunk sound that has been quite popular on this site. I was just curious if it was only me with the mirror.
I have been lurking around here for awhile, and I appreciate your (and a few others) knowledge and expertise.

2019 Touring
Purchased, May 2019
11,000 miles

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring (Canadian Edition) -- Ice Silver Metallic
123 Posts
Sorry for digging up an old thread.

You're not alone, I have this issue every time I fold the driver side mirror, and I do it gently without touching the mirror.

My 2008 Impreza mirror never shifts out of position.

Update finally mentioned this issue with my regular maintenance -- I guess this mirror issue isn't bothering enough people to report it, dealer said they went to test a few mirrors of new Ascents on their lot, they all do the same -- so conclusion it's not an issue until a TSB comes out.

I complained about a creaky front suspension noise under certain reproduceable condition in the 1st year of ownership, dealer said the same thing, tested the ones in their lot, and reported the same , I had to wait for 2nd year, when a TSB was released for to have it corrected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts