Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Side sill plates...lighted?

7K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Wildcrd76 
#1 ·
I already pre-ordered the Ascent, but forgot to include the side sill plates. I'm not sure if I can update my order to include them now, but since I never owned any Subaru's before I don't know how these sill plates would be on Ascent or any other models. None of the videos on Youtube are not showing anything about sill plates.
Will it be stainless steel/Aluminum/rubber or steel with lighted?
If they are rubber or plastic, big no go for me.

#2 ·
Are you talking about the body side molding ???

You can add port options to your existing order just make sure they do a edit and not redo your order because that sends you to the back of the line.

#12 ·
looking at the instructions https://subaru.oemdtc.com/908/e101sxc000-sill-plates-subaru-ascent it appears that these are just for look. Right? Other than look, what functionality do they provide ?
Even in my 10 yo cars regular paint never wear off from door sill
Mostly looks. Some small amount of protection, but it's the edges I tend to scuff, not the flat surface.

I got them, but, then again, I got every accessory available at the time I pre-ordered, so, no one should use me as a deciding factor. :ROFLMAO: ;)

#11 ·
This may be quite late but there do exist OEM side sill plates that are led lit. Problem is they are for an older Impreza model (I believe, it was months ago that I found them). Dealer says that they are about $200 some odd dollars if I remember correctly. Another problem is that we would not be able to know if they would fit. Chances are they wouldn’t fit properly.

#13 ·
Has anyone looked at AliExpress site for Subaru accessories? They have amazing products that do not exist here. One of these products is stainless steel sill covers. I don’t know if they would fit but they have them for the newer model forester and outback already. If anyone can confirm the those model sills are approximate to the ascent then I think they could be usable. I went through pages and pages of accessories and I couldn’t stop clicking add to cart. Carbon fiber door handle covers, mirror covers, usb expansion, wireless chargers, amazing trim addition for practically every interior surface, a HOOD GAP weather strip, every type of lighting you can imagine only thing lacking was performance parts, because obviously the ascent is a North American car exclusively. For those of you that still believe STI or some other performance part manufacturer is going to make something for the ascent, keep dreaming. It will never happen unless a part coincides with another model made or sold in JAPAN. Why make something that doesn’t exist in your country right?

#14 ·
And for those of you that was/is looking for a carbon fiber shift knob, I found one. Made exclusively for Subaru, but should work for the ascent based on the way it looks. It’s made by a company called Liberal. Made specifically for the Subaru cvt models. The cost is around $350ish if I remember correctly. Problem is nobody imports and retails it in the USA but their site does state they accept international orders to certain foreign countries with the USA as one of them.

If they weren’t so expensive I’d get one in a heartbeat (have to remember adding shipping and tariffs taxes to the price).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.