Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Do the side mirrors on 2020 touring auto fold on power off? Is there some setting?

Do the power mirrors on 2020 tilt down when backing up?

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
They are only operated by manually by the button. It seems pretty half assed...
There's arguments to either way.

In some cases, such as pulling into one's garage, being able to manually operate them might be a necessity, otherwise one loses them on pulling into the garage.

In the event of pulling into an on street parking lot, it's more convenient to have them auto-fold when one shuts off the car.

In my case, I have a driveway that's 1.8 cars wide (don't ask me why - another 1.5 feet would have allowed two cars side by side), so, I have no need - thus I prefer the button operated one. On the other hand, if I still worked in the city, I'd want the automatic ones, because that's a horrible place to forget to fold in one's mirrors.

Maybe in a couple years, we'll get a system that can do both - plus the tilt-down-parking mode.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
They are only operated by manually by the button. It seems pretty half assed...
It's still an improvement from 2019 to 2020. 2020 Highlander has power folding mirror and I wonder if it's automatic.

For 2019 Ascent owners, myself included, it's pretty cool that they even offer it and I wouldn't mind retrofit the power mirrors and make it automatic using this $20 device.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's still an improvement from 2019 to 2020. 2020 Highlander has power folding mirror and I wonder if it's automatic.

For 2019 Ascent owners, myself included, it's pretty cool that they even offer it and I wouldn't mind retrofit the power mirrors and make it automatic using this $20 device.
I agree, If I can retrofit power folding mirrors from the 2020 Ascent or Legacy to my 2019 Ascent, I'll be a happy camper! (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts