Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the little white lights in the side mirrors would light up when i unlocked the car but they only light when the door is opened. If they are to light the ground it would seem that it is better to turn on the lights with unlocking. Anyone know if that is a feature that can be adjusted?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
As you approach your locked Ascent, when it detects your FOB the mirror LEDs will turn on to light up the door handles and a little of the ground but not much.

The puddle lights in the bottom of the doors are to light up the ground but only work after the door is opened. Should be on the bottom of the mirrors IMO.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,216 Posts
As you approach your locked Ascent, when it detects your FOB the mirror LEDs will turn on to light up the door handles and a little of the ground but not much.
Only on vehicles that have the optional approach lights installed...just in case that's not clear for folks reading this over time.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Is there a different optional approach lights other than the side mirrors? This is the option I bought with my 2019 Ascent Touring:

It lights up when I hit unlock on the key fob. Might be a setting to do that, especially since the OP says his doesn't (and Gary, do you mean a button press or also key fob simply in range can trigger it? I'll definitely look for that in settings!). What lights up on mine is the white LED embedded in the side mirror (there is nothing under the mirror - would have terrific utility but I think Subaru simplified the option by having a different mirror glass etc. but common housing). It shines brightly on the front door handle but also lights up a spot on the ground that centers kind of at the front of the rear doors. Looks just like the pic in the link.

Then as Gary mentioned, there are lights on the bottom edge of the doors that are exposed when you open a door (just fronts? I don't recall) and light up the ground.

F.S.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
The mirror LED lights on my Limited come on when I just walk up to the car day or night, locked or unlocked, no FOB button press required. I'm not aware of any setting for this it just senses the FOB is near.

I guess it could be tied to the headlight welcome lighting which I have turned on also but that works with the FOB unlock button and only at night.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 5 of 5 Posts