Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know why in 2019 a 40,000 car didnt come with turn signals on side mirrors. anyone have part # for caps and leds? I might try painting caps and doing this add on.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Dont know why in 2019 a 40,000 car didnt come with turn signals on side mirrors. anyone have part # for caps and leds? I might try painting caps and doing this add on.
If you are spending $40K on an Ascent then it is a trim that does come with turn signals in the side mirror. The $34K and under trims don't have them. I am willing to bet they are plug and play though if you want to spend the money and buy them.

·
Registered
275 Posts

Agree that it is kind of ridiculous that not all trims have this. My friggin 2006 Jetta Value Edition even had them over ten years ago. It's not high tech or expensive by any means.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Agree that it is kind of ridiculous that not all trims have this. My friggin 2006 Jetta Value Edition even had them over ten years ago. It's not high tech or expensive by any means.
I agree that all cars should have them. Your VW had them most likely because it is a Euro company. Most Euro auto makers have had side marker signals in/on the mirror or in the side of the front fenders for years. I had a 1992 passat, that did not have them in US spec, but instead had a plug with the trim level in it. Just popped out the plug and popped in the euro marker lights, the plug was in place for them.

Truth be told, I personally prefer when the vehicles had them in the fender, it made them easier to see. I do like them in the mirror, because it is a good reminder for those that forget to cancel out their turn signals.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, its a safety feature, not a convenience feature. I guess it might not be caps and housings. I cant find a parts diagram yet. Anyone have part # for side mirrors with turn signal?

·
Super Moderator
2,425 Posts
Not a show stopper IMO. Standard Eyesight is the real plus. IMO they are more show than anything
I believe they do provide some safety value. I was changing lanes the other day and noticed my blind spot detector going crazy. Even after I looked over my shoulder to the right, someone darted over from 2 lanes while they were basically even with my back door. They probably couldn't see my rear signal and definitely couldn't see the front signal. Eyesight didn't have a say in this situation either. I cant say for sure if there would've been a collision with or without blind spot monitoring or a side marker/mirror turn signal, but its definitely an extra layer of protection. They do look nice too :)

·
Super Moderator
2,425 Posts
If you are spending $40K on an Ascent then it is a trim that does come with turn signals in the side mirror. The $34K and under trims don't have them. I am willing to bet they are plug and play though if you want to spend the money and buy them.
I was just wondering if anyone had messed with their side view mirrors yet? I'm curious if the turn signal wiring is nearby for eventually changing them to the ones with the turn signal in the housing (touring?).

·
Registered
2021 ISM Ascent
5 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone had messed with their side view mirrors yet? I'm curious if the turn signal wiring is nearby for eventually changing them to the ones with the turn signal in the housing (touring?).
few years late, I know, I know 🙄 just wondering if anyone has gotten this to work?!?! I have a 2021 and cannot figure out if the wiring is there or not

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I looked into this a couple of years ago and the harness part numbers in the doors and elswhere were different, leading me to believe that those would need to be changed out too. Or you could tap in and run a separate wire. I didn't bother.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts