Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, having just recently traded in my 2015 legacy for this 2020 ascent premium, the model I bought doesn't have the auto side dimming mirrors or approach light. But it does have the auto dimming rearview, which I though might be a requirement for the side mirrors, my question is I can find the replacements with the auto dimming and approach light, but do they have a model that comes with the blindspot symbol as my 2015 legacy did? Also does anyone know if the wiring is in there for such a device?

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,260 Posts
The blindspot warning light is on the inboard side of the mirror housing, and not on the glass itself. I don't know if the Premium has the blindspot monitoring system, but that part can not be added by adding the auto dimming mirrors. You are correct that the interior auto dimming mirror is a requirement for the auto dimming side mirrors...they're a direct replacement for the standard mirror glass if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I don't mind the notice on the housing, but am used to the little symbol in the mirror itself, though not a big deal, I actually miss the auto dimming and approach lights more than I thought. But being out of town and strapped for choices in the color I wanted, at least this is a fairly easy fix.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
It's an available accessory that you can buy from any Subaru dealer parts department. If you already have the auto-dimming center rear view mirror, you're ok for the exterior accessory. You can have your dealer install or do it yourself as a few folks have done. Some say it's hard and some say it's easy. I don't know which is correct.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 4 of 4 Posts