Subaru Ascent Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 Ascent Touring, 7 Passenger - AWD
182 Posts
I'm wondering why not 1person has tried to get ahold of me to ask about how to go about polishing your motor parts. Come on guys there's got to be someone who wants to shine there motor up. I have to say this piece is very hard to bring out. I'm saying this would be not for the faint of heart. Except for that piece all the other aluminum is in season to make shine like a (you fill this in )p0 View attachment 16861
Final result looks great. (y)
How often do you polish it?
Once you polish it how long does it stay like this?
I have my classic car it stays in a inflated bubble and I do not drive it often to make sure it stays
in pristine condition.

· Premium Member
182 Posts
Well I work on it all once a week for at least 4 hours to go over everything to keep it at its best. But right now that A/C compressor is taking up all of my extra time which is about all weekend.
Wow you are indeed a very busy person, all I can say is have and enjoy happy wonderful weekends.
Wish i could do it too.:unsure:

· Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
506 Posts
Having only ever opened the hood on my Ascent once, I couldn't even begin to tell you what's "new" in your picture.

· Premium Member
182 Posts

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Yep. I've had a roll of that in my garage for about 15 years.... at least that long. There's also a smaller piece but I only have a small piece but it's on there too. Good eyes but something beside it kind of makes it stand out for whatever reason.

· Premium Member
182 Posts
Good eyes but something beside it kind of makes it stand out for whatever reason.
Handwriting Font Rectangle Electric blue Pattern

Guessed it right from my playing the game “Difference between 2 game pictures”. You made it easier as there was only one difference.

Yes it does standout and looks great blending in with the other shiny pieces. Every time now when you open the hood the shine in the engine will bring a twinkle in your eyes.

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
View attachment 16899
Guessed it right from my playing the game “Difference between 2 game pictures”. You made it easier as there was only one difference.

Yes it does standout and looks great blending in with the other shiny pieces. Every time now when you open the hood the shine in the engine will bring a twinkle in your eyes.
I was thinking about just chroming my eyes then everything i see would be chrome and shiny !

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·

· Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
6,279 Posts
Out of sight...out of mind....

• Haha
Reactions: HeyChris

· Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
6,279 Posts
In many decades of owning vehicles, I've never found the need to 'scrub' the engine compartment other than remove any accumulated leaves, etc., a couple times a year. I've never had a vehicle fail and in recent decades I hold the vehicles for 5-7 years. I'm not saying that keeping things nice is a bad thing if that's what you enjoy doing, but I have other activities that for me, rate a lot higher. My vehicle is a "utility" for me, not my hobby. :)

Now my woodworking machinery, including my CNC, I keep very clean and closely adjusted. Consider that the equivalent of you polishing up the metal under your hood. :D

Reactions: Newsub and HeyChris

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
In many decades of owning vehicles, I've never found the need to 'scrub' the engine compartment other than remove any accumulated leaves, etc., a couple times a year. I've never had a vehicle fail and in recent decades I hold the vehicles for 5-7 years. I'm not saying that keeping things nice is a bad thing if that's what you enjoy doing, but I have other activities that for me, rate a lot higher. My vehicle is a "utility" for me, not my hobby. :)

Now my woodworking machinery, including my CNC, I keep very clean and closely adjusted. Consider that the equivalent of you polishing up the metal under your hood. :D
I have a deal 4 you. You can make me a cabinet and i will put all my polishing stuff in it. Make it big cus i got alot. When can i expect this cabinet to arrive. Waiting in Berdoo..

81 - 100 of 107 Posts