Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great to see that someone is already taking advantage of the huge boot. Who says you need a pickup for hauling.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the 2nd row seats lay flat? I needed to haul this weekend and could not get the 2nd row flat.
They lay flat as in I didn’t notice a difference between them and the back seat. There’s a sizeable gap between the 2nd and 3rd row though.
Did you use the lever toward the front outboard corner of the middle row to get them fully folded? My kids found that lever before I did

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
The 8 seater's bench lays a lot flatter than the 7 seater's two captain's chairs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I fitted a hutch (the top part of a hutch and buffet) into my Ascent. I laid blankets over the hutch so it won't scratch the sides. I could've left the second row captain's chairs up, but I laid them flat for other things. That's how much room there is in the Ascent. The Ascent for sure has more room than my previous Tribeca.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I did the same thing this past weekend with the Boy Scouts. I had to keep the second row and one third row seat up to haul people!

I was the pack mull this weekend with how much stuff fit in the car! Second picture has all but one captains chair down and was loaded to the ceiling. Also had no issues going 70+ MPH fully loaded going up a steep hill in Western Maryland.

For the firewood no tarp down but I do have the plastic trunk liner for part of it. All the gear included gallons of water and all the food and multiple tents and fold up chairs. Due to how much the Ascent could hold we didn't need to bring the Suburban to hold everything.

Also the car cleans up pretty easily even with pieces of wood all over the back of the third row seats!

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Wow, lol. I’m amazed at how much stuff this thing can hold. I’ve recently went to Home Depot and loaded the back up with plastic shelving and storage bins to the ceiling. Also love the included rear seat back protections.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts