Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a look at the Ascent this weekend after some rain finally here in LA.

Noticed a lot of rust on the rotors...does this seem normal? Or is it just mixing with brake dust?

After driving after this it was a little noisier/grindy braking briefly. After getting out of the car and looking again, the rotors looked good again.

Also, my sharkfin antenna seems to have a gap in the back...I can lift slightly and see some of the gap as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Don't get much rain there, huh? Too funny! Moisture and/or humidity will cause the rotor surface to rust a little. It is usually a little noisy when you start to drive. After braking a couple of times, this rusty material will be scrubbed off by the pads and you'll be fine. :grin:
As for the shark fin, idk what to do about that. Guess I should take a look at mine and see if it's attached better than that. Did you run it through an automatic car wash? Maybe it got whacked with one of those rolling/swirling brushes.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The rusty rotors are very common. It'll fade as you use your brakes again, but it's completely normal.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't get much rain there, huh? Too funny! Moisture and/or humidity will cause the rotor surface to rust a little. It is usually a little noisy when you start to drive. After braking a couple of times, this rusty material will be scrubbed off by the pads and you'll be fine. :grin:
As for the shark fin, idk what to do about that. Guess I should take a look at mine and see if it's attached better than that. Did you run it through an automatic car wash? Maybe it got whacked with one of those rolling/swirling brushes.
The rusty rotors are very common. It'll fade as you use your brakes again, but it's completely normal.
Thanks for the responses!

No on the automatic car wash - been washing this baby with microfiber clothes by hand :)

Reactions: Big Superroo1
1 - 4 of 4 Posts