Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I told the wife that when we get our Ascent, to expect some sort of head nod, thumbs up from other Subie owners; and maybe even getting stopped while out grocery shopping. :) C'mon September, I can't wait to take it home already.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I told the wife that when we get our Ascent, to expect some sort of head nod, thumbs up from other Subie owners; and maybe even getting stopped while out grocery shopping. :) C'mon September, I can't wait to take it home already.
I have shared this previously on another thread but a few days after I got my Ascent, while on a traffic stop, I saw the driver of a car beside me stretching his neck to get a good view of my Ascent. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
i've seen one driving on the highway, and i was craning all sorts to get a good look at it! it was essentially the same thing i ordered and it looked good!

·
Registered
40 Posts
In my neighborhood in San Jose there's apparently another driver with an Ascent, same color as mine. Seen her a few times and tried to wave at one point but she completely ignored me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my neighborhood in San Jose there's apparently another driver with an Ascent, same color as mine. Seen her a few times and tried to wave at one point but she completely ignored me.
Not cool. But then again, she might just haven't noticed you. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is what I was hoping for - thought it would be so fun! But going on 3 weeks now and not even a look from any of my fellow Subie owners :sad: I was hoping it would be like boating, where we all wave to each other :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
We were vacuuming it out at our local car wash that we have memberships at, and a cop stopped by and asked to check it out after it caught his eye as a possible Ascent. Turns out his family has had 7 Subaru’s, and he’s ready to make it 8 after seeing ours.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is what I was hoping for - thought it would be so fun! But going on 3 weeks now and not even a look from any of my fellow Subie owners :sad: I was hoping it would be like boating, where we all wave to each other :tango_face_wink:
I used to live out in the country and on my 20 min drive to school everyday when I was in high school, the old men in farm equipment or work trucks would always wave at me every morning when I drove past them. I always assumed this was how older people greeted others so when I got to college and moved in town I would wave at older people and damned if they didn't wave back. :sad:

I drive a pretty rarely seen car (Mitsubishi Endeavor) so I sometimes wave at other Endeavor owners and they are rude and don't wave back either. Trying to connect with people these days in exhausting....

·
Registered
411 Posts
I do feel you there, I drive a WJ, and rarely get the "Jeep Wave" Ah well.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Lol... some people are not like US.. forum addicts.
For reals; I never close this place. It's a literal addiction at this point. I wish the /r/SubaruAscent was more active, but its basically dead.

I'm now considering getting rid of the Elantra I drive and getting an older Outback wagon or some other Subaru for my daily.

·
Registered
38 Posts
...we were fueling up last Sunday night on our way back from our first road trip and it catches the eye of an older lady filling up as well. She comments that it looks new and tell it is with a smile. She then checks out the rear of our Ascent and then realized that it was a Subaru and says she didn't realize they made them that big and that she liked it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I got the best compliment I could possibly get.. from my wife.

Since we have been together, I have owned a PT Cruiser and 2 Hyundai Tucsons. She was never a fan of any of them.

My Ascent... she took for a test drive, and fell in love with it.

Happy wife, happy life.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was surprised when I spent the day in Western MA that I got no acknowledgement. It's Subaru country out there. Also In Central MA where I am. So many Foresters. If people have tried to get a better look, I haven't noticed. Still no sightings of any in the wild.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I got the best compliment I could possibly get.. from my wife.

Since we have been together, I have owned a PT Cruiser and 2 Hyundai Tucsons. She was never a fan of any of them.

My Ascent... she took for a test drive, and fell in love with it.

Happy wife, happy life.
I would think so. Those cars you mentioned you had are not even on the same planet as the Acsent

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was surprised when I spent the day in Western MA that I got no acknowledgement. It's Subaru country out there. Also In Central MA where I am. So many Foresters. If people have tried to get a better look, I haven't noticed. Still no sightings of any in the wild.
Haven't seen one on the Cape! But I did see one up in a Boston parking garage. It was gorgeous.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.