Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Premium Ascent and LOVE it. My wife would prefer that the music stops when she turns the car off, rather than when the door opens. Is it possible to change a setting for this? While it seems somewhat arbitrary, it would be helpful for when we drop the kids off as we often shut the car off at the drop off and then want to give our kids instructions or reminders before they open the door.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Following!
I'm all ears for this (pun intended). For us when we turn the car off the music from the phone cuts out and it defaults back to Sirius Ads or radio static until we open the door. What I've just gotten used to doing is turning volume to 1 before stopping the car.

·
Registered
334 Posts
We have a Premium Ascent and LOVE it. My wife would prefer that the music stops when she turns the car off, rather than when the door opens. Is it possible to change a setting for this? While it seems somewhat arbitrary, it would be helpful for when we drop the kids off as we often shut the car off at the drop off and then want to give our kids instructions or reminders before they open the door.
Agree. I listen to books on a USB device. I have the volume turned up to hear the books. Turn off the car and Sirius starts playing at the same volume and about blows my ears away. At home, i have idled until ready to leave the car then open the door immediately or mute the head unit first.

·
Registered
240 Posts
On a separate (but related) note... is there a way to set the default volume for when starting the car?

Example: I like my music loud. I'll be driving with the windows open and have the radio cranked. I reach my destination, turn everything off, and leave. When I come back later and turn my car on, the speakers are WAY too loud. I'd like them to start at 5 or 6 when I turn it on, and then let me turn it up as I get moving (before I blow my neighbors out of the water).

As it is right now... if the volume is at 20 when I turn off my car... its still at 20 when I turn it on.

Thanks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Correcting myself, I thought you could alter the stereo setting, but it's only the door lock/unlock setting. So as far as I can tell, it isn't a feature that can be modified.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Correcting myself, I thought you could alter the stereo setting, but it's only the door lock/unlock setting. So as far as I can tell, it isn't a feature that can be modified.

I know this is a feature on my Dodge RAM (i know not helpful) but I'll poke around the settings when the wife gets home with the ascent and see what I can find. I seems like a fairly basic feature.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So far, unless you turn down the volume before you exit the car, it will go on blaring at you when you start it next.

I believe that the radio is always on and when you turn it OFF, it just mutes it, just like turning down the volume.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going to follow this too because we use CarPlay 90% of the time and when I go to turn off the car, I would at a minimum expect that CarPlay audio would continue but instead the radio turns on. This is pretty annoying.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
There are settings that allow you to preset the volume for each sound source. I don't know how that affects the fact that the radio will start playing when you start the car.

I'm still looking for a way to increase the time the radio stays on when the engine is turned off. I like to listen to the radio after I stop. It shuts off sooner than I would like.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
There are settings that allow you to preset the volume for each sound source. I don't know how that affects the fact that the radio will start playing when you start the car.
The preset volume changes when one changes the volume for the source manually. The car remembers the last value/setting used.

So, for instance, let's say you:
  • Set the radio preset volume to 20. You turn off the car, and return later. When you turn the car on, the volume will be set to 20.
  • Set the radio preset volume to 20. You use the knob or steering wheel controls to turn the volume to 10. You turn off the car, and return later. When you turn the car on, the volume will be set to 10.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I’ll have to dig around the menus but I’d like to change the default CarPlay navigation volume from 9 to whatever I want (4). Possible?

My iPhone maps voice is set to low and after it put something in and hit go it’s wayyy to loud for me. “OKAY LETS GO!!!”

Ps. I do like how it auto suggest destinations based on your iCal. Makes multiple destination navigation super easy

·
Registered
86 Posts
I’ll have to dig around the menus but I’d like to change the default CarPlay navigation volume from 9 to whatever I want (4). Possible?

My iPhone maps voice is set to low and after it put something in and hit go it’s wayyy to loud for me. “OKAY LETS GO!!!”

Ps. I do like how it auto suggest destinations based on your iCal. Makes multiple destination navigation super easy
The easiest way is to adjust the volume while it's talking to you.
That will adjust the voice volume separately from the music volume.

This is important to know about because if you go to adjust the music volume and a nav prompt comes on you can accidentally mess things up

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, w/ Tech Package
60 Posts
Sirius XM Channel 0 for no sound output.

The work-around I use is to set the Sirius XM radio to channel 0. It's a radio ID channel, and has no sound output. I set it as a preset and go to that preset whenever I want to have the radio quiet when I turn the car off and then back on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts