Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to do all of the recommend services at the dealer to stay under warranty? that is for the 3 year and then the extended 8 year gold warranty?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
No. It's not legal for that kind of requirement. But you do need to follow the maintenance schedule and use fluids, etc., that meet the vehicle manufacturer's specifications. You should also keep records if you service elsewhere from the dealer. That's whether or not you use someone else for service or do it yourself.

That said, we typically do use the dealer for routine service. Their costs are reasonable/competitive compared to local independents and they have services that independents don't offer...like a ride home and back if they need to keep it for the day.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Make sure they don't drain the CVT when changing the oil. If they do, there's nothing they can do about it short of towing the car to a dealership.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks everyone. I’ve always done my own work but I’ll follow advice and pay Subaru.
For what it's worth, I have changed the oil in our Ascent. It's easy, but as noted...make sure it's the engine and not CVT you are draining. I keep oil/filter receipts and log everything on the online mysubaru service history site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do I have to do all of the recommend services at the dealer to stay under warranty? that is for the 3 year and then the extended 8 year gold warranty?

Thank you.
Not necessarily. Once my 36k miles is up and take mine to a trusted auto repair shop for its regular maintenance, like Whilhelm in Goodyear and they've done GREAT with other vehicles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.