Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see on MySubaru.com that " It can take up to 30 days for records that are automatically added to appear in your records. "

Just curious, how long have people generally seen before a service record was automatically updated after having service performed by a Subaru Dealer?

I track maintenance in a spreadsheet, but interested to see how well MySubaru documents service history automatically.

I know I can update it manually there, but might as well just update my spreadsheet in that case, and don't want to have dup records on MySubaru once it auto updates.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
My records for the Ascent have not updated at all. I've had to put them in manually. I do so, regardless of tracking elsewhere, because the app stops nagging me about service I've performed.

For my former Outback, the records updated all the time, which generally took 1-3 weeks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Interesting that your other Subaru, presumably serviced at the same dealer updated, but the Ascent has not. Seems like that must be a systems/back end issue of some sort. Ever thought about asking SOA about that, since it doesn't seem to be an issue with the dealer not dong something?

And good to know, so I should go ahead and manually update.

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
Thanks. Interesting that your other Subaru, presumably serviced at the same dealer updated, but the Ascent has not. Seems like that must be a systems/back end issue of some sort. Ever thought about asking SOA about that, since it doesn't seem to be an issue with the dealer not dong something?

And good to know, so I should go ahead and manually update.
I plan on, but I just realized. I'm going to the dealer Thursday, and will ask them why first.

I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Usually, mine is updated after few months. But last May, it didn't show up for 3-4 months and when I did it manually, they upload it too (as duplicate).
My last service in mid November is still not showing but I will wait until next visit and see if they will put it in the mean time.
It is not consistent and probably depends on dealer.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Weird. Mine have updated within a couple days of service.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I plan on, but I just realized. I'm going to the dealer Thursday, and will ask them why first.

Thank you sir. Looking forward to updates.

My only service so far was last week of December, so early yet for me to push it (I'm sure they will say less than 30 days, so wait). On my other makes of vehicles which for example, I had registered on Toyota.com/owners it was always just a day or 2, so was wondering what experiences were with Subaru.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Just curious, any update? Mine still has not shown up, so I manually entered it.

Dealership added me to their rewards program for service after that first service, but no update on mysubaru.com

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
Just curious, any update? Mine still has not shown up, so I manually entered it.

Dealership added me to their rewards program for service after that first service, but no update on mysubaru.com
I emailed Subaru, they looked up my records and manually added them. After that, my very next service visit showed up immediately. But, last I heard, they are still working on the underlying problem.

SO... in the meantime, I'd suggest anyone who is having the issue either (a) wait it out or (b) email Subaru through the website's contact form (make sure you put your VIN number in the form where it asks for it, and indicate which dealer(s) you got service from in the comment box) and ask them to look into it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
that's interesting. I have had this happen, as well. I finally emailed my salesperson to get the mileage and date and manually entered my Oct oil change and rotation. I just scheduled my 12k service for this Friday. It will be interesting to see if the first one shows up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I emailed Subaru, they looked up my records and manually added them. After that, my very next service visit showed up immediately. But, last I heard, they are still working on the underlying problem.

SO... in the meantime, I'd suggest anyone who is having the issue either (a) wait it out or (b) email Subaru through the website's contact form (make sure you put your VIN number in the form where it asks for it, and indicate which dealer(s) you got service from in the comment box) and ask them to look into it.

Thanks, I sent a contact through the website this evening, and included the VIN, etc. Will update with the response.

The service was performed on 27-Dec, so beyond the 30 days it says it may take.

Incidentally, after I manually added the service today on MySubaru (but before I sent the contact to Subaru), I got an email from the dealer where I took it thanking me for my visit (which was over 30 days ago). Not sure if this is a coincidence or not... seems strange timing.

Over the weekend, I received a welcome to their rewards program.

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
Incidentally, after I manually added the service today on MySubaru (but before I sent the contact to Subaru), I got an email from the dealer where I took it thanking me for my visit (which was over 30 days ago). Not sure if this is a coincidence or not... seems strange timing.

Over the weekend, I received a welcome to their rewards program.
Many dealers do follow ups, either by phone (automated or human), email (30 days is about standard), postcard or all of the above. My service dealership's GM is my neighbor, and I still get the "thank you" emails 30ish days later (they're automated - but the responses if you reply are not).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I sent the contact on the Subaru site back on 4-Feb. Nothing back, not even an automated email saying they got my submission (the web page did note that it was sent at the time).

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
I sent the contact on the Subaru site back on 4-Feb. Nothing back, not even an automated email saying they got my submission (the web page did note that it was sent at the time).
That's odd. I always get an automated response. Did you possibly mistype your email address? Also, if you didn't, make sure you enter your full VIN.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's odd. I always get an automated response. Did you possibly mistype your email address? Also, if you didn't, make sure you enter your full VIN.
I emailed SOA about a month ago, I have two Outback VINs so added just one and the other in the comment section, and they never replied. I was asking about Loyalty program. I called and they helped.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I was surprised as well. Confident that I reviewed the email address, and I cut and pasted the VIN. I'll send another contact.

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
They may have been having system problems at the time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They may have been having system problems at the time.

Just sent another and confirmed I submitted it, etc. No auto email yet. I may just call tomorrow if I don't get any email, etc out of it before then.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts