Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Mr. Zombie, had the nickname since junior high when I got know some sleeping disorders painfully well. Now I'm a grown up with a wife, a house, two kids, two dogs, and two Subarus (at the moment)
I took delivery of my 2019 Ascent Limited on July 4th, selling my 2016 outback on the same day (lucky timing). The Ascent is Subie number 9 for me... I've had an 86 XT, a 92 SVX (perfect condition, I miss that car) a 99 outback, another 92 SVX (really bad idea), a 2012 Legacy, a 2005 Outback Sedan 3.0R, My wife's old 2016 Outback, my 2017 Legacy Sport, and now our Ascent.

Mrs. Zombie likes white cars, and pink shirts... our Ascent is white with Ivory leather, captains chairs, Harmon upgrade and the monster moonroof, with a handful of ther goodies added like mats, protectors, and door edge guards. We've had it for two days, and it's already a favorite. Love the space and comfort, love the LED lights, and love and hate the turbo four... Hate it cause I can't wrap it out for a few more miles... love it cause I can tell it just wants to pull, and pull hard.

I turned wrenches professionally while I was going to school, I'm also a detail nerd, and I once tried to start an offroad fabrication business... I'm a decent welder, and I've got a good eye for lines and curves, but I tried to start up an offroad business in Utah without an advertising budget, so now I just have some really cool tools. I doubt that many if any offroad goodies will find their way onto the Ascent, but I'll never say never. I look forward to learning about this cool new vehicle, and maybe being able to contribute along the way.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! Sounds like you were a preorder fellow since you had specific requirements. Would you mind filling in your info on the Google doc so those of us trying to pass the time awaiting our own preorders can analyze and read into your experience? We are starting to lose our minds a little in the home stretch and need distraction desperately. Pictures? Favorite features? Glitches?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you mind filling in your info on the Google doc so those of us trying to pass the time awaiting our own preorders can analyze and read into your experience? We are starting to lose our minds a little in the home stretch and need distraction desperately. Pictures? Favorite features? Glitches?
Can I get a link to this google doc? I've poked around a bit and searched, but I'm not finding it... it's probably someplace desperately obvious and I'm just visually blocked from it.

I am indeed a pre-order. I completed the order and put the deposit down on February 27th.

My order was as follows: MSRP: 44214
Carline: Ascent
Model: KCE
Option Code: 23
Exterior Color: WH1
Engine Spec: C
Accessories: (09U) Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror with Approach Light
(0C6) Splash Guards
(0C7) T railer Hitch
(0CH) Rear Seatback Protector
(0MJ) Door Edge Guards - Crystal White Pearl
(0MP) All-Weather Floor Liners

Original quoted delivery date was last week of July... and that came early. The car was on a train Monday, and on the Dealer lot Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Can I get a link to this google doc? I've poked around a bit and searched, but I'm not finding it... it's probably someplace desperately obvious and I'm just visually blocked from it.

I am indeed a pre-order. I completed the order and put the deposit down on February 27th.

My order was as follows: MSRP: 44214
Carline: Ascent
Model: KCE
Option Code: 23
Exterior Color: WH1
Engine Spec: C
Accessories: (09U) Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror with Approach Light
(0C6) Splash Guards
(0C7) T railer Hitch
(0CH) Rear Seatback Protector
(0MJ) Door Edge Guards - Crystal White Pearl
(0MP) All-Weather Floor Liners

Original quoted delivery date was last week of July... and that came early. The car was on a train Monday, and on the Dealer lot Tuesday.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6thrayCkWPoa8NmrKc4lNQ/edit?ts=5b27e64c#gid=0

Reactions: calimomofboys

·
Registered
334 Posts
Jealous neighbor. Hope mine hits the lots as quick as yours. Mine's off the train but I'm still waiting. Nice to see the white - I've got a white Touring on order.

·
Registered
149 Posts
So awesome! Sorry about not linking the doc- I couldn’t find it myself until my technology assistant (AKA 15 year old son) suggested I look in my Google “waffle.”

1 - 8 of 8 Posts