Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I ordered the Ascent Premium through the VIP Friends and Family discount (2% below Dealer invoice). When we were going through the options, 2nd row sunshades did not come up as an add-on. I asked the manager of the dealership if we could add them and she said if it wasn't coming up as an option, then it was probably standard. When I built it on the website, it did not come standard on the Premium and I had to choose them. The manager did not seem to really want to put in the effort working with us and it seemed like it was more of a pain in the butt for her. This leaves me concerned we won't have the second row sunshades when it is delivered in October. Does anyone know whether they come standard on the Premium or why it wouldn't show up as an option for her to pick for our order? I've tried following up with the manager and she hasn't responded. Thanks!

·
Administrator
12,151 Posts
It is an optional accessory on the Premium. The part number is F501SXC000. You want to have it added to your order for factory install so you get the best price on it. It can be configured as an accessory on the Subaru build site.

https://www.subaru.com/build-your-own/2019/ASC/KCB/STANDARD.html

I do not see it in any of the "Packages", so, it would seem that you must order it on any Premium, if you want it. Perhaps it's not a factory accessory, and is a dealer install, and thus not able to be added to the factory build order. If that's the case, they'd have to order it as a part - or as a dealer accessory on the order, and install it for you, but I'm not sure. It doesn't show up on the original accessories list, but may have been added later - or may not be available as a factory install.

So, I'd first show them the build tool on the website, and ask them if they can put in that part number on the factory order. If not, they can order it separately via that part number and install it when the car arrives.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I also ordered the premium and wanted to add the sun shades but ran into the same problem at the dealership. They couldn't figure out how to add them. Wasn't a deal breaker for me so i left it alone.

Someone else posted this in another thread. I may consider ordering and doing the install myself. Seems like the biggest concern is breaking the clips that hold the door panel on.

https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/do...0 Second Row Sunshade IxI initial release.pdf

·
Administrator
12,151 Posts
I also ordered the premium and wanted to add the sun shades but ran into the same problem at the dealership. They couldn't figure out how to add them. Wasn't a deal breaker for me so i left it alone.

Someone else posted this in another thread. I may consider ordering and doing the install myself. Seems like the biggest concern is breaking the clips that hold the door panel on.

https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/do...0 Second Row Sunshade IxI initial release.pdf

It should be as easy as giving them the part number I listed above (which is for the kit) and sending them the link to the install guide. From there, they should be fine. This isn't the first accessory I've had to get part numbers for, for dealerships. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
49 Posts
...This leaves me concerned we won't have the second row sunshades when it is delivered in October. Does anyone know whether they come standard on the Premium or why it wouldn't show up as an option for her to pick for our order? I've tried following up with the manager and she hasn't responded. Thanks!
Yep, same here. The Subaru website shows it as an option on the Premium, which I wanted. When we were completing the order form, that option was unavailable. We (well, my salesman and another salesperson) tried a couple different trim levels and decided it wasn't an available option for Premium. So we left it off.

I'll probably add it at some point, but right now I've given up on it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yep, same here. The Subaru website shows it as an option on the Premium, which I wanted. When we were completing the order form, that option was unavailable. We (well, my salesman and another salesperson) tried a couple different trim levels and decided it wasn't an available option for Premium. So we left it off.

I'll probably add it at some point, but right now I've given up on it.

It's well worth "figuring" out how to get them - I have them on the Touring. Absolutely love them and the optional 3rd row ones.

·
Administrator
12,151 Posts
It's well worth "figuring" out how to get them - I have them on the Touring. Absolutely love them and the optional 3rd row ones.
Me too. Keeps the car cooler. Keeps prying eyes from seeing in as easily. Doesn't violate tint laws.

·
Registered
965 Posts
is a dealer install, and thus not able to be added to the factory build order. If that's the case, they'd have to order it as a part - or as a dealer accessory on the order, and install it for you, but I'm not sure. It doesn't show up on the original accessories list, but may have been added later - or may not be available as a factory install.
Dealer install only at this point.

I've had this come up already. Just pop the door panels off and put them in. Of course, it helps if you have the forked and bent screwdriver tool that service uses to pull clips out without breaking them ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.