Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have seatback covers for the backs of the second row bench seat, primarily to protect it when hauling stuff with the seats folded down. Any suggestions? Thx.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Those are designed for when the 3rd row is folded down. I dont think they'd be cut properly for the 2nd row, as the OP is asking for.
Of course! Brain fart over here. lol. :dunno:

I answered this question a while back. I have a heavy blanket that I keep in the car to protect the 2nd row if needed. I haven't needed it yet since most of what I've carried so far fits behind the 2nd row.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, no. I've been contemplating making a platform that extends from the folded 3rd row to cover the backs of the second row... a carpet covered piece of plywood or something that could be stood behind the second row when they're not folded down. Basically it'd be flat piece with a lip below it that would rest on the tops of the folded 3rd row seats to hold it in place.

·
Registered
350 Posts
did a search on Amazon for 'seat back protectors' and got 10,000 hits. I would bet that one of them will work for any one of us.

·
Registered
2020 Limited (Crystal White Pearl)
22 Posts
I would like to have seatback covers for the backs of the second row bench seat, primarily to protect it when hauling stuff with the seats folded down. Any suggestions? Thx.
Yes - they are available now. I installed them in my 8p Limited.

Subaru part number: J501SXC130

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks MCSM. Looks like just what I am looking for the 2nd row bench seat in my 2019 Ascent Limited 8-passenger. From the picture at estore.subarupartswarehouse.com it appears that this seat back protector (J501SXC130) is very similar and will match the 3rd row setback protector that came as an option on my 2019 Ascent. I am assuming that installation of the second row bench seatback protector is easy -- Velcro and loops that go over the head-rest poles?

·
Registered
2020 Limited (Crystal White Pearl)
22 Posts
Thanks MCSM. Looks like just what I am looking for the 2nd row bench seat in my 2019 Ascent Limited 8-passenger. From the picture at estore.subarupartswarehouse.com it appears that this seat back protector (J501SXC130) is very similar and will match the 3rd row setback protector that came as an option on my 2019 Ascent. I am assuming that installation of the second row bench seatback protector is easy -- Velcro and loops that go over the head-rest poles?
Yes - identical material and design as OEM 3rd row and you are correct - velcro patches on the back and headrest bumgie loops at the top - 5 minute install (getting them even).

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm tempted to buy a set for my captain chairs. It's $75 w/ free pick up. There was a thread several days ago confirming that it fits.

I'm excited to say that my cupholder insert just came in; gotta pick it up. Took less than a week.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes - identical material and design as OEM 3rd row and you are correct - velcro patches on the back and headrest bumgie loops at the top - 5 minute install (getting them even).
Thanks for the info MCSM. I am going to order the second row seat-back protectors for my second row bench seat today.

·
Registered
85 Posts

The captains chair seat back protectors will be available for the 2021, and I'm going to assume that they will fit the 2019-20 Ascent

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

The captains chair seat back protectors will be available for the 2021, and I'm going to assume that they will fit the 2019-20 Ascent
Already confirmed here in the forums that they fit MY19-20...which isn't surprising

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I don't know that...I've only seen what's posted here.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts