Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a question for those who have taken delivery regarding the seat belts in the second row. Specifically the actual buckle, and specifically in a bench (8 passenger). We have a 4 year old who is in a booster seat (which uses the actual seat belt) and can typically buckle himself in...except in my wife's Infiniti because the buckle itself will get pushed down into the seat most times when he tries himself. It is extremely frustrating for him and us. I end up having to reach over him and the booster to pry the buckle out of the seat with my fingers, while he tries to latch it.

Anywho, anyone used boosters with the bench? I know there are little gadgets you can buy that help hold the buckle in place but they didn't work for the Q50. Thanks in advance...pics maybe?:tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have three kids (6, 8 and 9) in boosters in a second row bench on an Ascent Limited. Have not had any issues with them getting to the buckle. The middle buckle comes stock stuffed into a little holder in the seat so you have to pull it out to start off. The only issue I've had is with my daughters because I like them to pull the belt out and get it to lock and then tighten it. On hers, she had to pull the booster first so that the belt unlocks and then put the booster back on the seat and get belted. I fixed that by taking off the little arms on her booster. The only other thing with the buckle is that if you fold the single seat and move forward to let people into the third row, be careful to pull that middle buckle forward before sliding the single seat back otherwise the buckle will get stuck between them. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Hope this helps! I don't know why but it rotates when I upload it. If I rotate and save before it's uploaded, same thing! Annoying.

Interesting that your seats seem perforated. How do the front ones look ? Mind taking a pic ? :)

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
I have a question for those who have taken delivery regarding the seat belts in the second row. Specifically the actual buckle, and specifically in a bench (8 passenger). We have a 4 year old who is in a booster seat (which uses the actual seat belt) and can typically buckle himself in...except in my wife's Infiniti because the buckle itself will get pushed down into the seat most times when he tries himself. It is extremely frustrating for him and us. I end up having to reach over him and the booster to pry the buckle out of the seat with my fingers, while he tries to latch it.

Anywho, anyone used boosters with the bench? I know there are little gadgets you can buy that help hold the buckle in place but they didn't work for the Q50. Thanks in advance...pics maybe?:tango_face_wink:
Have you tried a pool noodle hack? Just cut off enough of it to help keep the buckle from getting pushed down.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John and hallfleming, thanks for the replys

hall- I guessing you have an iPhone? The forum flips the pics no matter what. Supper annoying. Thanks for the picture.

John- Thanks for the feedback. I'm little confused about the issue with your daughters seat. But at least is doesn't sound like the buckles will sink down into the seat.

Reactions: John Harrington

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Same perforation for the front. Here's a pic.
Thanks...ok...yeah the middle section of the butt and back is a solid piece compared to the java brown. So yeah ventilation probably won't be possible on Limiteds.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's actual a Galaxy S9. Maybe it's me! :)

John and hallfleming, thanks for the replys

hall- I guessing you have an iPhone? The forum flips the pics no matter what. Supper annoying. Thanks for the picture.

John- Thanks for the feedback. I'm little confused about the issue with your daughters seat. But at least is doesn't sound like the buckles will sink down into the seat.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you tried a pool noodle hack? Just cut off enough of it to help keep the buckle from getting pushed down.
I have not, but I can totally visualize what you mean. Interesting, thanks! And...I have noodles!

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
I have not, but I can totally visualize what you mean. Interesting, thanks! And...I have noodles!
You're welcome, just something I came across when researching car seats on the car seat lady. Here's a link to the video.

·
Registered
107 Posts
cjkenton Soooo, if you pull the belts out all the way, when you let them go back in, it locks, i.e. you can't pull it out without putting the belt all the way in again. This is in contrast to how belts are normally loose unless you have an accident and the sudden movement locks the belt, preventing you from flying forward. I don't want to trust that (yes, I'm OCD) with the kids so I have them pull the belts out all the way and then let the belt go back so the belt is already locked. Because of my daughter's little arms on her seat, the belt couldn't go back in enough to get loose again. Removing the arms let the belt go back in a little bit more so now she can do it easily. I think I was tired when I posted that because now that I think of it, unless you're a weirdo like me with the belts, it probably won't matter to you! Ha ha

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cjkenton Soooo, if you pull the belts out all the way, when you let them go back in, it locks, i.e. you can't pull it out without putting the belt all the way in again. This is in contrast to how belts are normally loose unless you have an accident and the sudden movement locks the belt, preventing you from flying forward. I don't want to trust that (yes, I'm OCD) with the kids so I have them pull the belts out all the way and then let the belt go back so the belt is already locked. Because of my daughter's little arms on her seat, the belt couldn't go back in enough to get loose again. Removing the arms let the belt go back in a little bit more so now she can do it easily. I think I was tired when I posted that because now that I think of it, unless you're a weirdo like me with the belts, it probably won't matter to you! Ha ha
:grin: One thing I have certainly stopped doing since becoming a parent, is judging others parenting styles. I was the guy driving home from the hospital at 30, and my hand out the window waving people around me. I do understand now what your describing with the belts. OCD?...maybe, a little extreme?...ehhhh possibly, judgement?, nope!:tango_face_wink:

Reactions: John Harrington

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
:grin: One thing I have certainly stopped doing since becoming a parent, is judging others parenting styles. I was the guy driving home from the hospital at 30, and my hand out the window waving people around me. I do understand now what your describing with the belts. OCD?...maybe, a little extreme?...ehhhh possibly, judgement?, nope!:tango_face_wink:
You can look at the bench seat for yourself at Mike Shaw. They have one in the lot as of today.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can look at the bench seat for yourself at Mike Shaw. They have one in the lot as of today.
Hum, I'm south metro. That's quite the drive. Might be worth it though. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Hope this helps! I don't know why but it rotates when I upload it. If I rotate and save before it's uploaded, same thing! Annoying.
If you want to keep your iPhone photos in the proper orientation:
1. select photo (s) from your iPhone and send them to yourself via "email."
2. open email and save to your computer, labeling each photo.
3. open "saved" photos on your computer and select "edit" and "save" again.
4. saving a second time locks the photos in the proper orientation
5. select photos and upload on this forum

I know it is a convoluted way of doing it, but it works every time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.