Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
Does anyone know how to fix the height alignment. It seems 60 split side of the seat in the middle is not at the same height with the 40 split side. I have looked l at all options of reclining the both sides.
Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Hello Guys,
Does anyone know how to fix the height alignment. It seems 60 split side of the seat in the middle is not at the same height with the 40 split side. I have looked l at all options of reclining the both sides.
Thanks,
Andy
I have captains chairs but I am curious as to how far off they could possibly be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have bench seat. I could easily see one seat is much lower. I had my child’s car seat installed in the middle. That shouldn’t cause any problem, bench seat should be at the same height.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2001 Forester
428 Posts
Are you saying the middle part only is higher, or the entire 60% is high?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just looked at mine. Middle is same height as left and right. Compared to right edge, the edge is higher but that's expected due to the contour.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just threw a level on it. Butt parts are all same height. Now, the sides of the left and right seats flare up creating a gap between butt part and level, but that is there for the middle seat as well.

The only thing odd is that the right part of the middle is lower, but that's because it's missing the flare/contour piece. Otherwise, in no way is the center seat higher. If it were, the level would be higher than the seats and it's not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot. I will try to check with the leveller as well. But based on my picture do you think there is any problem in the height or just me being paranoid.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yours seems fine to me. In general center seats across all manufacturers tend to be more firm and more flat, so it can make them seem higher than the side seats.

Big question is, does the car seat fit ok (assuming Subaru allows car seat in the middle).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again for clarifying, car seat does fit fine. I just moved it to the side today after noticing the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just looked at mine. Middle is same height as left and right. Compared to right edge, the edge is higher but that's expected due to the contour.
Which floor mats are those? On the advice of others here I ordered a pair of the Smartliners for the front seats, but haven't had much luck finding something for the second row. I have bench seats instead of the captains chairs back there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts