Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sure we may have touched on this teaser image in the last Ascent spied article, but we’re here to take a more in depth look at Subaru’s latest SUV ahead of its official debut at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show.

Clearly illuminated is the Ascent’s interior with all three rows of seats visible, a first for Subaru. According to CarScoops, the Japanese automaker was going for something that is "family-sized, versatile and capable."

If the production model were to have the same dimensions as the concept, then it’s safe to say they’re on the right track. Similar in size to the Chevrolet Traverse, the Ascent concept measures 198.8 inches long, 78.3 inches wide with a height of 72.4 inches. Though with the teaser model’s boxier look, we may see a bit more headroom in the production version.

Aside from the liftgate and D-pillar changes, its headlights have also been toned down. They seem a bit smaller and the center portion of the lamps are not as deeply set.

Subaru is still keeping powertrain details close to heart, but we will see a horizontally-opposed, 2.4-liter turbocharged engine hiding under its bonnet.

We should learn of the Ascent’s full spec at its debut on the 28th of November, a scant week away.

·
Registered
94 Posts
From that angle it doesn't look like there's all that much cargo space with the third row seat up. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong once the Ascent is revealed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If most buyers in this segment are like me, this teaser will keep them on edge because its proportioned much like some well respected SUV's from Japanese car makers like the Toyota Highlander, Nissan Patrol, the list goes on.

Already I can see it conformed a lot to the Highlanders roof line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts