Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ascent continues to sound the driver-side seatbelt warning even after the vehicle has been placed in Park. The passenger alert will stop sounding after it is placed in Park, but for some reason, the Driver's side carries on and on until you 1) turn off the vehicle or 2) put your seatbelt back on..... IN PARK! I told my dealership about this, and they told me it was with all Ascents? Could someone please explain to me why a seatbelt chime is necessary when the vehicle is in Park? This has to be one of the most annoying things I have ever experienced in a vehicle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am fully supportive of seatbelt alarms when the vehicle is in motion, but to continue on after the vehicle has been placed in park is what leads people to disable the warning completely. This type of nonsense leads to notification fatigue which is a dangerous side effect of receiving too many nuisance alarms. You start ignoring the ones that could actually save your life.
I've written SOA about it... We'll see....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Turned my seat belt alarm off today. I wonder what other little hacks there are built into these cars. There must be a few Easter Eggs hidden in the system, just need to know the the process for displaying them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you unbuckle you seatbelt (as I do to get the mail from a roadside mailbox) and the car is still slightly moving, the alarm chimes go off. Even when you stop, they continue to chime. I can then park the car, put in in PARK and the chime continues. AARRGH!

·
Registered
3 Posts
any advice?

Hey, guys! Brand new here as I just picked up my Ascent last Friday... One of the first things I realized I needed to do was disable this crazy annoying alarm. (Disclaimer: I wear my seatbelt! Just have a few minutes here and there where I need it OFF without it yelling at me). I have tried this seatbelt trick posted in the video above probably 10+ times, and it isn't working for me... Any advice or potential hints on the procedure that I could be missing? For a keyless start, accessory means I push the "start" button twice without touching the brake, correct? Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
I have found that the seatbelt warning chime only continues to sound if you disconnect the seatbelt before you place it in park. If you come to a complete stop, place the transmission in park, then disconnect the seatbelt the chime does not come on. I often stop by the communal mailboxes to pickup mail before pulling in my driveway, and use to disconnect my seatbelt as I was rolling to a stop. No more, now I place it in park before I disconnect the belt and check the mail - no annoying chime in that case.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Heck with Seatbelt Chime- How About that....

Why oh why does that "Passenger Airbag Off" light remain on all the time? It should only alert when there is a very small passenger or light weight put on the seat, like every other car.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I did 20 times, works like a charm. Same thing with my 2008 forester

Turn on acc do it within 30 second. No seat belt Chime now, it will only come back on if the battery was disconnected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.