Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have noticed it too. I was wondering if it was because my seats are leather. I had seat warmers in my Crosstrek with cloth seats and it worked great. It is a let down. Hoping I notice it working more once it gets cold out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We've had our Premium 12 days. Accidentally bumped the driver's seat heat and I knew very quickly and turned it off.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My car has been running for over 30 minutes with the seat warmers on and they are not hot at all. There isn't a difference between the different settings. Anyone else notice this?
I tried the seat warmers on today, it was about 57 degrees out. I had the seats on setting #2 and it was plenty warm, in fact too warm and I turned it off after about 5 minutes. This is on a premium with cloth seats.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There is a difference in cloth seats versus leather. I asked this on my Outback. I thought they were ok until i had to take my Outback in for service. The loaner they gave had cloth seats. About burned my butt. When i commented in this later, they said they had heard similar complaints with the leather just not being quite as warm.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Coming from my 2000 Grand Cherokee, these things are cold in comparison. I can have it on a L3, and feel fine, I turn them on in the Jeep on LOW and my butt is on-fire. Don't even think about putting them on High.

I've used them a few times early in the morning, or late at night to accompany the cooler weather. The steering wheel on the other hand is nice to have. only used it once to test, and it was nice.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
On my Touring, on the highest, I can burn myself if I have change in my rear pockets. My seats are different than other trims though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts