Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks like you're in... ;-) but FWIW, 6'1" 190lbs. '19 Limited and I find the driver seat super comfortable... my wife is more petite and it feld more firm to her. 8k miles later... it's broken in a bit and she's good with it.

One thing I don't think has been noted is that since the passenger side front seat on the Limited doesn't have the same adjustments, it is harder to dial in the perfect position. But, I've been comfortable on that side of the car just the same. (more freedom to put feet and legs where I want since they don't have to do anything ;)

Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Actually I do very much like the Premium cloth seats. I find them supportive and comfortable, even after 2 hrs of driving. At about 3 hrs my buttocks will start to get sore. That's longer than it would take in my Odyssey, Mercedes SL, Porsche or even my F450. IMO after having driven the Ascent almost 4k mi this past summer on a big trip, it's an excellent road trip vehicle.
Ditto, very pleased with the Premium seats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all, we are about 5 days away from purchasing a new Limited Ascent and I’ve got quite a few concerns.

A big one is seat comfort. I’ve had a LOT of Subarus and most have never been known for comfortable seats.

Our current ‘14 Forester XT Touring (leather) has quite possibly the hardest, most uncomfortable seats out of all of them.

We make 4-6hr road trips quite routinely and after 2hrs we’re ready to get out of the car. Legs are numb, backs hurt etc. This doesn’t happen on many other cars we have or had. Subaru actually finally addressed this in the new for ‘19 Foresters.

I‘ve test driven the Ascents a handful of times and have to say I haven’t been really impressed with the leather seats (fairly hard, like my old Forester). Yet the longest drive I’ve had is ~10min.

Can anybody please chime in with their experience on specifically the Limited or Touring seats?

This is a big deal for the wife and I as we almost sold the Forester multiple times because of the seats. Also, we are fairly fit with average heights.
We took a 13 day trip through Kentucky and Tennessee and another through New England. The vehicles rides nicely and is very comfortable. We have the touring model but I assume the ride will be the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seat comfort has always been extremely important to me and having eyesight control on the Subaru has been a lifesaver as I can move around more in the seat so that it not uncomfortable for long periods. We have a 2019 Limited and have taken trips up to 4 hours at a time and even with bad disks in my back, have been quite comfortable driving it.

·
Super Moderator
5,616 Posts
My only real issue is not having anywhere to rest my left elbow. I like to rest my arm on the door along with the window, but it is very unnatural for me in the Ascent.
I eventually got used to it, but it's a weird place, that's for sure. I think it's to keep us farther from a side impact zone, since the Ascent has the room to do so, but, it's still an unnatural distance, which is a shame, since it's really nicely padded.

·
Super Moderator
5,616 Posts
Thanks all for the feedback! Pick er up tomorrow!
Just remember to test them out yourself. Also, dropping the thigh support downwards was a BIG help for me to find the perfect comfort position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have always liked sitting upright in car seats, but the Ascent seat requires a little bit of leaning back to be comfortable. It's not the end of the world, just took some driving to get it dialed in perfectly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i purchased a 2019 Ascent Touring and could not be more pleased with the seats. I have driven 6 hour round trips so far (3 hours duration without stopping) and have no issues. I am 65; 225lbs and 6’3” tall. My only real issue is not having anywhere to rest my left elbow. I like to rest my arm on the door along with the window, but it is very unnatural for me in the Ascent.
I'm another tall guy(36" sleeve) used to resting my left elbow on the door at window bottom level and the Ascent seems to be about .5-1" too wide to do so comfortably. Guess I won't being putting an elbow dent in the padding there about as I usually do.

May have to spend the $50 on one of these. CarArmResterCushion.html

21 - 29 of 29 Posts