Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Suburu Ascent
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7 passenger Ascent. Already have the seat back protector for the third row. Wondering if there is any accessory to go across the second row when the backs are down to protect them and to give me a solid surface full width.

·
Registered
551 Posts
This has come up in a number of threads and so far, there hasn't been any commercially available solutions. Some have fabricated their own and that's what I'm planning to do.

·
Registered
2020 Suburu Ascent
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take some photos. I may do the same as I'm generally pretty "crafty."

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well, my need isn't urgent and on top of that I often get analysis-paralysis so it might be awhile. The simple idea I have is to cut a flat piece of material, probably higher grade 1/2 plywood or something, to fit across the width of the second row seats and reach from the tops of their backs to ~4" rearward of the tops of the the third row seat backs. I'd fasten a strip(s) across the bottom between the 2nd and 3rd row seats to hold it in place for/aft, then cover it with some kind of thin utility carpeting or maybe rubber sheeting.

With that, I'd wind up with a surface that slants downward from front to back since the backs of the second row seats are higher than everything behind them. Depending on the goal, another options would be to make a platform that is level over the 2nd row and steps down to the backs of the the 3rd row.

A fancier/lighter material like honeycomb sandwich panel would be nice, but much more expensive.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Being in Canada the top model of the Ascent only comes as a 7 passenger version. I have dogs so we really need the 8 passenger version. Unfortunately it means we have to order the limited 8 pass version with the result being we lose out on some of the options we would like. Can these missing options be ordered and added to the Limited 8P? Also in Canada the models are different... the top model being the Premier. So it looks like this:

Convenience 8P
Touring 8P
Touring 7P
Limited 8P
Limited 7P
Premier 7P

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,539 Posts
Being in Canada the top model of the Ascent only comes as a 7 passenger version. I
It's exactly the same in the US....Touring (our top trim name) is only available in the 7 passenger configuration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts