Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
How is that? when I test drove it, I only used the built in. I plan on Android Auto and I can only hope that it's an amazing experience.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is that? when I test drove it, I only used the built in. I plan on Android Auto and I can only hope that it's an amazing experience.[/]

I find it odd too because the one i test drove it the same one i drove home, but the screen had not issues during the test drive too.

Maybe the heat? I was over 100 degrees here on Saturday. Car's built in temp was showing 110.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yes! I’m finding this too. Haven’t found a pattern yet as to why. Also randomly my Sirius this morning became all tinny and terrible. Had to close everything up lock car and let reset. Then it was fine. There’s def some quirks with the system.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes! I’m finding this too. Haven’t found a pattern yet as to why. Also randomly my Sirius this morning became all tinny and terrible. Had to close everything up lock car and let reset. Then it was fine. There’s def some quirks with the system.
Are you guys letting your dealer know?
Not yet, but will do so tomorrow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did have this problem using Android Auto. It would completely lag out at times. However, it did go away and is pretty smooth now. Not sure why it would suddenly stop, unless it was doing an update or something.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea. It's been less frequent for me as I drive it more, but it still happens.

Kinda frustrating, but as I stated before I think/hope they'll release a software update to fix this soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea, I noticed the lag when i got to sit shotgun while running errands yesterday. Really frustrating when all you want to do is Change the song. Also I noticed that sometime when you press the "source" button on the wheel, it cycles though the radio options. Is there a way to cycle through the BT/media Modes?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Something the Subaru engineers told us was that, as far as sound quality is concerned, due to the audio compression, Sirius is the WORST choice. And since it's satellite, it's subject to everything that can happen with watching TV on DISH - weather interference, even random solar storms.

That's not to say that there sometimes aren't glitches that happen. There are. Keep in mind you're basically taking that desktop computer you have at home in a protected environment, putting it into a vehicle, subjecting it to varying voltages, temperatures, and vibrations, and then expecting to NOT have to reboot the thing every so often. That's where people try to run their cell phones for weeks at a time without ever doing a power cycle. Needs to happen - at least we're not totally dealing with the Windows BSOD.

·
Administrator
11,117 Posts
I use Google Play Music and am canceling my Sirius subscription the sound quality is terrible on Sirius.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine lags as well, and it is annoying...mostly since it seems to the uneducated (me!) that if a cheap smartphone doesn’t have the problems, why does an expensive car? But anyway...;)

The “solution” I have, which seems to mostly solve the lag problem, is to tap with a little force, and hold for a beat. Light taps seem to confuse it, and make it think for a second (lag). This is especially true when swiping: tap hard (or at least harder than you’re used to with a smartphone), then after pausing for a half second, do the swipe. Works every time now. Same with simply selecting an item on a list, for example: tap hard and hold your finger for a half second. My lags have mostly gone away, whether that’s in a menu, in Apple CarPlay, etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definite lag can happen at times, seems limited on memory or processing. It was the worst when connected to a device via bluetooth. When I was changing settings for first time it kept lagging, I disconnected device & finished settings with no issues. Maybe just a coincidence or it was trying to update? For daily drive with minimal taps it works fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts