Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was waxing my 2 week old Limited today to get it ready for winter and noticed this scratch on the wheel that must have been there when I bought it. I am not too worried about it, but am curious what the scratch is.

Is there some kind of plastic coating on the OEM wheels? It reminds me of the scratch I found on my new oven glass door when it arrived.

Should I complain and get it fixed/replaced or just not worry about it? I waxed over it and could consider just polishing it a bit or putting some clear coat over it. I am worried trying to get it fixed/replaced will cause more harm than good.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
It may have occurred during the shipping/delivery, or it could have just as easily occured during your two weeks of possession.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may have occurred during the shipping/delivery, or it could have just as easily occured during your two weeks of possession.
I can almost be certain it didn't happen while I had it. We haven't been by any curbs yet. Probably during balancing unless they replaced the tires/wheels before I got it. Not super concerned, just curious what the out later is that got scratched. Just want to make sure to protect it properly.

First world problem I know :)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
It is perfectly reasonable in my opinion to be picky upon the delvery of the vehicle. I took 40 minutes to inspect the vehicle with a check list before going in to sign off on the paperwork.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is perfectly reasonable in my opinion to be picky upon the delvery of the vehicle. I took 40 minutes to inspect the vehicle with a check list before going in to sign off on the paperwork.
I would have done that too but it was dark out! We did give it a once over before the sunset but this was so minor it would have been hard to see without a super close inspection.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
8 months into ownership and I am about to replace a windshield due to a rock chip that was filled but still cracked. I just noticed a very small paint chip near the front. Living bruises are inevitable. It is a great vehicle. Even with avfewcwarranty itmes that needed care

I look forward to driving this winter in the mountains

1 - 6 of 6 Posts