Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
501 Posts
Love your avatar. Goes with the post. Ha! Dressing down the slacker who will amount to nothing in life.
I always go with Enterprise Rental Car. They have the nicest rental staff. With a brand new Ascent, I'm not anxious to loan my car when we have extended company. Family too cheap to rent a car when they fly in to visit. So I rent one for them. A standard run-of-the-mill Enterprise car locally will cost me around $165 a week and they deliver it to the house. Much cheaper than the airport rental fees.
Do you get the rental rider that allows drivers other than the named renter with same name on the credit card? We usually rent Budget thru Costco because they're one of the few that allows either of us to drive the rental without an upcharge.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Do you get the rental rider that allows drivers other than the named renter with same name on the credit card? We usually rent Budget thru Costco because they're one of the few that allows either of us to drive the rental without an upcharge.
I add my wife and my son if one is with us. Then I let my son do all the driving. I often used Costco for rental car only but discovered just going straight to the Enterprise website was cheaper. I still use, or did before the shut down, Costco for trip packages that include flight, hotel and car. Those are some of the best deals ever!

·
Administrator
8,871 Posts
Wishing you Happy Miles in your new vehicle!

·
Registered
2021 ascent
7 Posts
enjoy the new vehicle i also dont use the third row much yet but i will soon hav e3 kids a dog and relatives that visit form out of state so that third row up or down def gives alot more room than my 2017 forester did

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent Premium, 2021
16 Posts
I know what you mean. I'm on the opposite side of that equation. If not for the price, I'd have gotten the Chevy Expedition Max. I love to spread out and have room for everything. The Ascent, while small, fits the needs if not exactly the wishes I have for a vehicle.
I've rented an Expedition several times while on vacation in Idaho and Florida. The max we rented in Florida was named by the grand kids we were taking to DisneyWorld as Silver Maximus. Ha! Room for 6 plus all our luggage for 2 weeks, strollers, sand/beach toys, etc. The occasions in Idaho were two funerals. Huge, BLACK and carried several to the venues in style and good taste.
My last car was an Explorer that I kept for 13 years. I loved it, and the "boxy" style provided tons of room inside. It's usually just me and the dog (wife has her Toyota), but I like the room too. I use it as a car and a truck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My wife loves the extra room over our prior Outback. We spend the summers fly fishing, and its great to be able to throw in a fully-rigged, 9' fly rod without worry about the tip hitting the windshield. Also, plenty or room for wet waders and boots at the end of the day, and the 4WD gets us into some remote locations. I am surprised at the comments about low MPG. Our overall is around 23 mpg, but on road trips, we easily hit 28-30. Overall, for the size and power, I'm very pleased (our prior van was a similar size and got at best 24 mpg on road trips).

·
Registered
66 Posts
My wife loves the extra room over our prior Outback. We spend the summers fly fishing, and its great to be able to throw in a fully-rigged, 9' fly rod without worry about the tip hitting the windshield. Also, plenty or room for wet waders and boots at the end of the day, and the 4WD gets us into some remote locations. I am surprised at the comments about low MPG. Our overall is around 23 mpg, but on road trips, we easily hit 28-30. Overall, for the size and power, I'm very pleased (our prior van was a similar size and got at best 24 mpg on road trips).
View attachment 6846
MPG depends HEAVILY on how you drive it. If you baby it and don't cause the turbo to turn on often you will get great gas milage. The turbo however majorly increases the fuel consumption. Consequently, if you have a heavy foot your milage will suck.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts